Black Lives Matter

1 minute ago, Max Power said:

As I say, I don't know much about it but like many things, it depends on which consultant you see I imagine?

So far as I'm aware consultants don't get leeway to deviate from professional standards really. That's why the standards and criteria are there!

I have no doubt there are other countries where the problem does exist, but I don't think it's a significant proportion of those affected.

I don't want to get into a huge discussion about transgender matters.

Medical science still knows very little about the human body and how it actually works especially when it comes to the human mind.

I believe that we have seen a rise in transgender discussions simply because we have reached a point where people feel increasingly able to express how they feel and to seek support whether that be counselling or transitioning. 

In the not too distant past we used to chemically castrate gay men or even electrocute them in an attempt to make them conform to a heterosexual worldview.  Given those practices, how many people do you think would raise their heads above the parapet to suggest that they weren't gay and they just feel like they are the wrong gender?

Edited by manxman1980
Fixing autocorrect mistakes.
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, woolley said:

"Fair & Lovely" skin gloop renamed. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53178088

Will it be "White & Healthy" bread next?

The comment about the bread is just nonsense and you know it.

You have, however, in advertently stumbled across a sector which provides examples of 'white privilege'.

Many cosmetic products for women are specifically designed for white skin or white people with a tan.  Until recently I believe that there was little choice for black women when it came to products such as foundation, make-up, tights and even plasters that matched their skin tone. 

It was a bit of a shock to me to learn that this sector was overlooking a whole host of customers.

Will Dixie Dregs follow suit? I’ve heard them referred to as ‘The Dregs’ before now, but their full name is still on their website. 

It’s all going a bit mad really (no offence intended if using the word ‘mad’ is somehow offensive to the mentally ill. #PsychoticLivesMatter)

• Haha 2