Black Lives Matter

49 minutes ago, b4mbi said:

I'm concerned for the board games chess, draughts, and go too.

Can't possibly have a game pitting black against white (or white against black)

Thank goodness for chequered flags - black and white in harmony.

Zebra crossings next...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, woolley said:

Been a fact of life for decades, SMUJ. A very timely example of why we have debates on here like the one this week with people seriously asking: What problems? Where are these places? All brushed under the multicoloured liberal carpet. It very much reminds me of Radio Moscow in Soviet times which told the world about the efficiency of the communist system and how wonderful everything was for the people but never mentioned the bread queues or the secret police. 

If you want to hear UK/British news before it has been filtered  and amended through a 'right on' liberal committee room somewhere in the BBC building, tune in to Aussie news. French is pretty good too - warts and all - but I don't do the lingo.

1 hour ago, b4mbi said:

I'm concerned for the board games chess, draughts, and go too.

Can't possibly have a game pitting black against white (or white against black)

Thank goodness for chequered flags - black and white in harmony.

Like Stevie Wonder and Paul McCartney. But even that lovely song is fraught with many difficulties as even a basic knowledge of the piano keyboard will show.

• Like 2

What about brown lives, and I say this in all sincerity, think of the abuse they have had with the various names they have been called over the years and not treated well.   All races have been treated badly if you go back in history .   This is why I will never support this extreme group, all lives matter and I think most people will agree with me.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, monasqueen said:

The argument often reappears, in relation to chess, that white always plays first, and it is therefore racist.

Not racist, just a reflection of White Privilege. There's an undoubted advantage to being white - you get the first move. The player playing white didn't make the rules, may not agree with them but remains their beneficiary.

So fair minded players, recognise that White Privilege is at play and do what they can to mitigate its effects (they swap pieces for the rematch).

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Barlow said:

Like Stevie Wonder and Paul McCartney. But even that lovely song is fraught with many difficulties as even a basic knowledge of the piano keyboard will show.

Yeah but the black notes are better.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Declan said:

Not racist, just a reflection of White Privilege. There's an undoubted advantage to being white - you get the first move. The player playing white didn't make the rules, may not agree with them but remains their beneficiary.

So fair minded players, recognise that White Privilege is at play and do what they can to mitigate its effects (they swap pieces for the rematch).

That's some crap right there:rolleyes:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Declan said:

FFS

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_and_Black_in_chess

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Declan said:

Bugger me, I always choose black when playing chess!