Black Lives Matter

9 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

You need to be very confident in your game to always give away the first move

Especially when playing with your older brother who had an encyclopedic knowledge of the game and why his little sister shouldn't win.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, woolley said:

Been a fact of life for decades, SMUJ. A very timely example of why we have debates on here like the one this week with people seriously asking: What problems? Where are these places? All brushed under the multicoloured liberal carpet. It very much reminds me of Radio Moscow in Soviet times which told the world about the efficiency of the communist system and how wonderful everything was for the people but never mentioned the bread queues or the secret police. 

I love the conspiracy theory nutters.

They always give me a good laugh!

16 hours ago, Declan said:

Yeah but the black notes are better.

I don't understand that, but I think there is a whole lot of Freudian in there.

Lewis Hamilton and F1 condemn Bernie Ecclestone's comments on racial issues. The 'uneducated' slur is once again used. This seems to pop up all the time to describe people who don't agree with BLM but no facts are ever offered to explain what they are uneducated in, feelings are not facts and facts are not feelings? 

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-motor-f1-ecclestone/hamilton-condemns-ecclestones-ignorant-racism-comments-idUKKBN23X2LZ

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Declan said:

Not racist, just a reflection of White Privilege. There's an undoubted advantage to being white - you get the first move. The player playing white didn't make the rules, may not agree with them but remains their beneficiary.

Getting to make the opening move in chess is not a default advantage and there is a visual cognition disadvantage in having to use white pieces. 

1 hour ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

I don't think his family were short of cash though.

From what I have understood, his dad worked several jobs to finance his Karting in the early days. He was picked up by Ron Dennis and McLaren at about 14 years old rather than having to fund things himself.

I really don't see what is wrong with Ecclestone's comment, he's probably quite correct as it's an observation which just doesn't sit comfortably with the BLM brigade.

Ecclestone had earlier told CNN in an interview that “in lots of cases, Black people are more racist than what white people are.”

Edited by Max Power
  • Like 2

When Michael Schumacher was winning everything in F1, I hated him. When Vettel was winning everything in F1, I hated him. I hate Lewis Hamilton, you can probably guess why. However, I have been called a racist for stating this. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1