Black Lives Matter

32 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

Strange isn't it?  Why is the chaos being caused by Liverpool fans not receiving the same criticism as the BLM protests?  

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-8467677/Mayor-Liverpool-Joe-Anderson-hits-ugly-scenes-football-fans-threw-missiles-police.html 

Seems to have been widely condemned to me. By the club, the city council, the mayor, the police, local and national press, celebs and former footballers on social media and the Spirit of Shankly supporters group, along with everyone on r/soccer and countless other places. The dickhead filmed firing the firework at the Liver building has been arrested. I'm not sure what else you expect?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Seems to have been widely condemned to me. By the club, the city council, the mayor, the police, local and national press, celebs and former footballers on social media and the Spirit of Shankly supporters group, along with everyone on r/soccer and countless other places. The dickhead filmed firing the firework at the Liver building has been arrested. I'm not sure what else you expect?

Perhaps, he was being sarcastic?

37 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Most of the coverage has come from the sports sections and local media.  

27 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Perhaps, he was being sarcastic?

No, I wasn't.  The Liverpool "fans" are celebrating their team winning a trophy by setting fire to the Liver buildings, gathering in large numbers (currently banned in the UK) in an area of the country that still has a high Covid-19 infection rate, fighting with the Police, taking drugs and leaving the area a mess.  Oh, and of course, this being the North West it will mean that the Manx Government will continue to highlight the high infection rate in the area to justify keeping the Isle of Man borders closed.

BLM protesters were taking to the streets to raise awareness of a civil rights issue, to stand alongside those in the USA and globally to attract attention to their cause.  Yes, some of the protests got out of hand, but then so did the far right "protect the statues" brigade.

1 hour ago, P.K. said:

Tsk tsk. Shame on you!

We made the only decision decent parents could make - as you know only too well.

Consequently, despite the restrictions, I had a really wonderful Father's Day. Lockdown certainly focuses the mind, plus emotions, on events like that...

But thanks for asking!   :) 

You never mentioned parenting on your initial rapid evacuation post. It was all about what a dire mess the Island was in and you'd done the arithmetic, so goodbye suckers, PK's on his bike. It's only with your subsequent revisionism that the kids made an appearance. It's all on here in black and white.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that your take on it proved to be the opposite of reality. That's the case with everything you comment on.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, manxman1980 said:

Most of the coverage has come from the sports sections and local media.  

No, I wasn't.  The Liverpool "fans" are celebrating their team winning a trophy by setting fire to the Liver buildings, gathering in large numbers (currently banned in the UK) in an area of the country that still has a high Covid-19 infection rate, fighting with the Police, taking drugs and leaving the area a mess.  Oh, and of course, this being the North West it will mean that the Manx Government will continue to highlight the high infection rate in the area to justify keeping the Isle of Man borders closed.

BLM protesters were taking to the streets to raise awareness of a civil rights issue, to stand alongside those in the USA and globally to attract attention to their cause.  Yes, some of the protests got out of hand, but then so did the far right "protect the statues" brigade.

Have no doubt, I see no difference to this and the BLM riots  or indeed any other.  But, I have seen quite a bit of coverage of it, including on BBC NW with Ian Rush pleading for fans to wait to celebrate until later in the year when the club could arrange something.

I know that because coverage of my granddaughter's school was bumped off the programme. 

@P.K. And @woolley either get a room, or shut the fuck up taking pot shots at each other.

PK has mentioned, frequently, over the years, and before his decision to ride out Covid in North Manchester, that he’s Manx, relocated to England, has family ( children there), that he’d bought a second Or holiday home as part of his retirement plans. Why shouldn’t he choose to go and be near family.

The two of you are such caricature paper cut out right Whinger  and liberal snow flake your interactions are just so predictable, and boring.

Not the first time you’ve been told to stop.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, manxman1980 said:

Strange isn't it?  Why is the chaos being caused by Liverpool fans not receiving the same criticism as the BLM protests?  

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-8467677/Mayor-Liverpool-Joe-Anderson-hits-ugly-scenes-football-fans-threw-missiles-police.html 

Well, I'm happy to condemn anything to do with Liverpool.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, woolley said:

No. I hold my hands up. Fine job. Grrrrr.

Sometimes in life you just have to suck it up.

I've had to suck it up since I was finishing primary school. As a football fan you do have to have a grudging respect when teams do incredible things. City being utterly awesome for the last two years (14 wins on the trot last year to win the league by a point!), that first Mourinho league win, Arsenal going the season unbeaten, and sadly a bunch of times for bloody Man U, notably Cantona, the treble and that season when they bought Van Persie.

Edited by TheTeapot
  • Like 1