Black Lives Matter

22 minutes ago, Manximus Aururaneus said:

Way things are looking you should be able to travel freely not too long from now anyway :thumbsup:

Errr I can travel freely right now thanks

ETA - realised too late I think you mean back to Mannin?

In the middle of updating the CCTV just now. Well, when it stops blowing a hoolie anyway.

Nearly reached that tricky stage that's been bothersome since the 16th century or thereabouts. Most folks have a red box on the front of the house that says "I am a burglar alarm. Go and find a house that doesn't have one". Now the cctv cameras don't need to but they glow red at night that says "I am recording you scumbag. So piss off". Now if we have a power outage the burglar alarm goes off but the cctv just drops out. So the issue is "To UPS or not to UPS? That is the question..."

Meter boxes are totally accessible and vulnerable. Which is a real weakness and therefore a pain.

Anyone know of a solution?

Edited by P.K.

'' So the issue is "To UPS or not to UPS? That is the question..."

I've had a few deliveries via UPS. they are pretty good, go ahead, use them.

The only reason you would need all that security on the Island would be, if someone has read your post and breaks in to steal your technology!!!

Edited by Kopek

5 hours ago, P.K. said:

Errr I can travel freely right now thanks

ETA - realised too late I think you mean back to Mannin?

In the middle of updating the CCTV just now. Well, when it stops blowing a hoolie anyway.

Nearly reached that tricky stage that's been bothersome since the 16th century or thereabouts. Most folks have a red box on the front of the house that says "I am a burglar alarm. Go and find a house that doesn't have one". Now the cctv cameras don't need to but they glow red at night that says "I am recording you scumbag. So piss off". Now if we have a power outage the burglar alarm goes off but the cctv just drops out. So the issue is "To UPS or not to UPS? That is the question..."

Meter boxes are totally accessible and vulnerable. Which is a real weakness and therefore a pain.

Anyone know of a solution?

Correct. :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, John Wright said:

If he pays UK tax he’ll get unilateral relief against Manx tax. So it’s Manx taxman who loses out. But it’s fair if you have income in more than one jurisdiction.

Unilateral relief - now there's an old term and highly technical too. I suspect you mean double taxation relief.We've not had unilateral relief this century. Get with the times lawman:D

• Haha 1