Bbc North West Visit To Island

sam_iom

Manx Radio News

BBC TV's regional daily news programme Northwest Tonight is to be broadcast live from the Isle of Man later this week.

A crew of eight BBC staff, including weather presenter Dianne Oxberry, reporter Jayne Barrett and two cameramen, will be based here from Thursday to Sunday.

Coverage from the island will include reports on the growing film industry, with the BBC team gaining access to the set of Stormbreaker which is currently in production.

This is purely for UK Viewers.

Where was BBC NW when the Island Games were on? Where are the big reports on the MEA?

Do the Beeb even have a camera crew or reporter here?

Manx Radio News
BBC TV's regional daily news programme Northwest Tonight is to be broadcast live from the Isle of Man later this week.

A crew of eight BBC staff, including weather presenter Dianne Oxberry, reporter Jayne Barrett and two cameramen, will be based here from Thursday to Sunday.

Coverage from the island will include reports on the growing film industry, with the BBC team gaining access to the set of Stormbreaker which is currently in production.

This is purely for UK Viewers.

Where was BBC NW when the Island Games were on? Where are the big reports on the MEA?

Do the Beeb even have a camera crew or reporter here?

Frankly, the bulk of the UK public couldn't give a damn about the Island Games, as for the MEA that means nothing to them and exactly what a camera crew and reporter would do here for the best part of the year is a mystery.

But the mere mention of a film being made and the notion that some Hollywood stars might make it here is what the entertainment journalists crave for. Have you noticed that the news now has to compete for ratings? So there you have it!

The only way any report would make it to the main evening news surrounding a scandal with the MEA would be if Sandra Bullock was spotted shaggin Sean Penn in an MEA showroom while a faulty mains cable fused all the lights and killed the camera man.

They covered the MEA scandal on Northwest Tonight a couple of weeks ago. Granted by covered I mean they did an "And Finally - Those silly Manx people have gone and messed up their electricity. Isn't it sweet that they play at being important? I was Gordon Burns and I used to do the Krypton Factor..."

Not the best coverage in the world but it was a treat, Border and NWT did loads of coverage when the Island Games were here didn't they? I may be remembering wrong I was only a wee nipper

I don't think the coverage is bad at all... They have come over quite a few times in the past 5 years.We only have a population the size of a average UK town.

I do think the BBC owe us more but I will defind Northwest tonight becuase I think it's alright.

Lot's of people in the North West of England love the Isle of Man.

P.S. The Krypton Factor was cool...

Thought when they said they had a cook on tonight it would be that jumped up little -------- person K Woodford. What a breath of fresh air, Butch Buttery, not bad for a burger joint owner, I think he did us proud.

PS More than 1 Manks accent on TV???? Bloody hell.

Archived