Exclusive Rights for Post Office?

Non-Believer

Hermes couriers are all self employed, no holiday pay, zero employment rights, they get paid per parcel, no idea what the current rate it but when I last enquired about 5 years ago it was an average of 70p a parcel, not a lot by the time expenses come out. When I enquired about business insurance it was so ridiculously expensive I don’t understand how any of the couriers manage, especially on a part time basis.

MIC on the other hand always paid roughly 50-70p above minimum wage for parcel van drivers (I believe it’s more since the pandemic), No sick pay, no pension but you do get 4 weeks holiday entitlement, 6 weeks if you count the bank holidays and anything over standard hours (45 a week) is paid at time and a half.

Post office is really difficult to get a full time vacancy, if you do full time its only 39 hours, you get a pension, you get sick pay, you get decent holiday entitlement and it works out more per hour. Trouble is they’ll have you jumping through hoops with zero hours and part time contracts long before you’ll get offered a full time vacancy.

Edited by Annoymouse
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NoTailT said:

I got my lateral flow kits delivered last night. In the back of a dog grooming van.

What the fuck is that about. Do these people even have goods in transit insurance either?

No insurance, ask Offshore Manxman & other MIC supporters why MIC not delivering!!

1 minute ago, offshoremanxman said:

How do you know that it’s untrue? Hermès won’t have enough workers to do this scale of delivery so they’ll likely be drawing from the whole operation to support the logistics. Why does it even matter? They pay a shit load of tax to Treasury and they pay all their workers over minimum wage. 

Because it’s fact read above post & others I know have had similar!!

Hermes pay no tax or insurance in IOM!!

18 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

Did MIC actually win a tender? I doubt it. I suspect one of their partners in UK that they mention would have secured the business from UKGov and MIC just happened to be that company's partner in IOM.

It’s tiresome that both Julie Edge and the CWU think that they have been deprived of a few weeks work (if that). Anyone would think that food is being taken out of PO employees mouths. Granted Julie Edge is the Political Head of the Post Office, and it’s an election year.

Perhaps instead of whinging, maybe Julie Edge could look at the amount of management in the organisation, and maybe other savings could be addressed?  I doubt this will be done, as it could make Julie Edge look bad. People should enter politics to do good, make a difference. Your not there to be popular! 

3 hours ago, NoTailT said:

I got my lateral flow kits delivered last night. In the back of a dog grooming van.

What the fuck is that about. Do these people even have goods in transit insurance either?

That sounds like a shaggy dog story

• Haha 1