Exclusive Rights for Post Office?

Non-Believer

22 minutes ago, Banker said:

This is a comment from Iom today but mirrors my experience also

Personally, if I never see another Amazon email saying "Hermes have got your parcel" I'll be over the moon. My experience of them is that they are unreliable, leave packages in the open, don't bother to ring the doorbell, don't get signatures (though I accept that might be a CV-19 policy), and chuck parcels around carelessly. (A recent parcel delivered by them had a massive dent in the packaging where something heavy had clearly been dropped on my parcel. Inside, the good were seriously damaged despite a triple layer of thick bubble wrap and cardboard packing) If you want to send something to the IoM by post, it costs no more to send it to the next town across, than it does to send it here. I have no idea what Hermes' USP is, because it sure as hell isn't quality of service.

I've never had an issue with them myself, I've had parcels damaged through the post though? I think it can be down to 'shit happens' sometimes. To be fair, I'm a huge supporter of the post office and their service, I just don't think that this is a fair way to behave, our government behave like gangsters at times and think that they can use their muscle to eliminate opposition.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I've never had an issue with them myself, I've had parcels damaged through the post though? I think it can be down to 'shit happens' sometimes. To be fair, I'm a huge supporter of the post office and their service, I just don't think that this is a fair way to behave, our government behave like gangsters at times and think that they can use their muscle to eliminate opposition.

Agreed I’ve only ever had good service from Hermès too. Very rarely any issues or problems. Let’s face it how can most people fuck up getting out of a car or van, walking to someone’s front door, then leaving a package at the address that’s written on the package? It’s the exact same skill set used by an IOM Post Post man to get out of a van walk down someones path and leave a package for them. It’s not skilled work. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Banker said:

Very doubtful, there not going to lose sales over 50p or whatever difference is .

It's not the minimal sales they'd lose in the grand scheme of things, it's the cost of rewriting all of their procedures and having several of them for all of their suppliers to accommodate the Isle of the Damned! 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Banker said:

Very doubtful, there not going to lose sales over 50p or whatever difference is .

Yes I believe the biggest worry of Jeff Bezos one of the worlds richest men will be - out of hundreds of millions of global customers somehow people in the IOM aren’t buying things on Amazon anymore. What can I do to help? 

Edited by Mr Newbie
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Banker said:

Do you really imagine that hundreds, probably thousands, of retailers across Britain are going to bother having special, different, procedures in place for sending goods to the Isle of Man?

It simply wouldn't be worth their bother.

Edited by pongo
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, pongo said:

Do you really imagine that hundreds, probably thousands, of retailers across Britain are going to bother having special, different, procedures in place for sending goods to the Isle of Man?

It simply wouldn't be worth their bother.

All countries have different procedures, Hermès do not have an exclusive contracts with amazon. Multiple suppliers have contracts including Royal Mail is Iom post Office in Iom, DPD , fedex etc 

11 minutes ago, Banker said:

All countries have different procedures, Hermès do not have an exclusive contracts with amazon. Multiple suppliers have contracts including Royal Mail is Iom post Office in Iom, DPD , fedex etc 

Amazon is also a market place for independent retailers. Many of them use Hermes. And what about all of the other retail websites which use Hermes exclusively?

You'd be happy if people on the IOM had fewer shopping options?

Edited by pongo

24 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

I'm surprised they've done it at all

Is it in the remit of the Economic Policy Review Committee to prioritise the survival of state owned enterprises?

This is a committee that needs beefing up significantly

What do you mean by beefing up? It should have more powers & members or the members need feeding up?