Isle of Wight TT

Capt_Mainwaring

3 hours ago, winnie said:

I'm all up for the IOW TT.

Personly, I find the roads on the IOM excellent. You should see the state of the roads in Hampshire and Surrey - pot holes every few hundred yards on all roads except m/ways, hedges not cut back any where the last few years and congestion like you've never seen!! One of the reasons i love the IOM.

I think the ferry to the IOW is the most expensive crossing per mile in the world. It can cost up to £100 for car plus 2 to cross the 5 miles!! Makes Steam Packet seem cheap!!

They definitely tick all the boxes. If they can guarantee it will be pissing down with rain and blowing a gale this just may work.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, GD4ELI said:

Plenty of millionaire bikers on the IOW, I know a few who are looking closely at this.

You know why they're millionaires, don't you? Because they don't use their own money. If they're that keen on it then I'm sure they won't mind dipping into their pockets to help Diamond Races out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

You know why they're millionaires, don't you? Because they don't use their own money. If they're that keen on it then I'm sure they won't mind dipping into their pockets to help Diamond Races out.

They do. Self-made, mainly in the music industry.

• Like 1

As much as I like ManX Radio, I do wonder who made up the headline, as in, “ IOW cashing in on the “ success” of the IOM TT. Surely it is 100% down to changes in the law in the UK allowing road closures for this type of event. 
I hope it does well and I hope other areas do the same.Lots of them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Max Power said:

I think this would be something like the S100 or an Irish type road race rather than a full blown TT competitor. It will probably be good for the TT, introducing people to road racing and growing that branch of the sport. It's good that people see a future in road racing to want to get involved in it, good luck to them I say.

I think you’re absolutely right, depending on where it fits on the calendar it might impact on the MGP/FOM but it shouldn’t have any impact on the TT.

They are practicing the two days before the racing, October weather permitting. They have not a clue.   I hope they have lots of reasonable accommodation camping will not be much fun at that time of year.   And with the advisors they are listening to, clerk of course especially it will be chaos.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, quilp said:

There's a lot of empty rooms in seaside resorts at that time of year. 

And camping. And I'm sure they can arrange discounts for day trippers with bikes.

I'm planning on buying a camper van in 2021/2022 and would drive up to attend. I have a feeling this could be massively popular.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1