Explosion in Beirut

Chinahand

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's so much footage. Early reports were about fireworks, other reports about huge quantities of seized ammonium nitrate fertilizer. That explosion is insane, reports of windows blown as far as 15 miles away and people feeling/hearing the blast in Cyprus! Lots of people very hurt and sadly the death toll, which was at 73 the last I saw, is very likely to rise. Lebanon has been having a hard time of it anyway, things just got harder.

Around 80 dead and nigh on 4000 injured so far. Given the scale of the explosion and the shockwave destruction, this will undoubtedly climb even higher. Incredibly hard times for Lebanon, who are economically crippled as it is. I’m only amazed that it has been deemed ‘accidental’ at the current time as opposed to being a result of Israeli action. 

8 hours ago, manxst said:

Around 80 dead and nigh on 4000 injured so far. Given the scale of the explosion and the shockwave destruction, this will undoubtedly climb even higher. Incredibly hard times for Lebanon, who are economically crippled as it is. I’m only amazed that it has been deemed ‘accidental’ at the current time as opposed to being a result of Israeli action. 

offensive content edited out

1 hour ago, Rog said:

offensive content edited out

Why so? No need for that, and brings nothing to the discussion, Rog. Trump (sad as I am to quote him) has already said his generals believe it was a bomb as opposed to the ammonium nitrate/fireworks theory. Two drones of the type used by Israel were seen spending significant time in the area that same day, according to a report I read last night, and tensions between Hezbollah and Israel have been significantly heightened in the last few weeks after cross Syrian border raids and subsequent Israeli military action. Therefore I wrote what I did, which was not proportionate or justified to your term of abuse ‘reply’.

1 hour ago, manxst said:

Thanks for the apology for your unnecessary abuse. 

That was a moderator edit. Rog is on temporary holiday. Normal abusive racist Rog posts may return after the hiatus. But he won’t be repentant, he never apologises, however wrong or offensive he is.

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

That was a moderator edit. Rog is on temporary holiday. Normal abusive racist Rog posts may return after the hiatus. But he won’t be repentant, he never apologises, however wrong or offensive he is.

Many thanks John, much appreciated.

2 hours ago, John Wright said:

But he won’t be repentant, he never apologises, however wrong or offensive he is.

Well I’m no book-burning reactionary, but that sounds very much like the opening line of the reasons for a permanent ban.

12 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

Well I’m no book-burning reactionary, but that sounds very much like the opening line of the reasons for a permanent ban.

He’s good gammon entertainment. But it’s got to be kosher gammon.

5 hours ago, John Wright said:

On this occasion I kind of agreed with the gist of what he wrote. Which is unusual.

To be clear, what he said was not in this instance racist or even anywhere in that area. He essentially called someone an idiot for making what was, without doubt, an idiotic comment.

ETA: unless there was something else which I missed.

Archived