Explosion in Beirut

Chinahand

2 minutes ago, John Wright said:

There was

The original comment he made must have been edited then. Because the comment which I read, whilst direct and to the point, was essentially accurate. In his own special way, he called someone a git for being a git.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No less than 2,750 tonnes of ammonium nitrate, apparently. In storage conditions for over 6 years because of legal dispute. Right next to a grain silo whose dust is also potentially explosive.

Wow.

22 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

No less than 2,750 tonnes of ammonium nitrate, apparently. In storage conditions for over 6 years because of legal dispute. Right next to a grain silo whose dust is also potentially explosive.

Wow.

Don’t think they need Sherlock for this one. (Sherlock Al-Rahmani Ibn Khyyam obviously).

Which MHK will be asking if and where we store potentially dangerous chemicals any day soon?

‘Every farmer and farmers mother would be packing it over here’ is the answer we know we won’t get, but I’m hoping for.

Did anyone else notice British radio broadcast stations interrupt their broadcasts, although briefly, ready for a ‘there has been a nuclear explosion in ..’  announcement?

On 8/5/2020 at 9:02 PM, pongo said:

Not just offensive though. Also stupid. 

Stupid how? Offensive how? The president of Lebanon is saying that a bomb or mission may have been the cause. How can he publically say the same thing that I get abused for on Manx Forums? Is he also ‘offensive’? You need to get a grip and let people discuss things outside of your bubble wrapped world, methinks. 

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/beirut-explosion-lebanons-president-says-blast-may-have-been-caused-by-a-rocket-or-a-bomb-12044405

Archived