Scooter missing

2bees

Not for sale - but maybe someone can help?

Yesterday around 4:50 I left my sons scooter at Castletown train station, when I realised and returned to get it at 5:40 it had gone. I’ve contacted the police, the station master and Sidings but unfortunately it hasn’t been handed in, I also spoke to the kids over at the skate park but they hadn’t seen it. It’s black and red with sun faded handles, my son is 11 and is absolutely gutted (as am I). If anyone knows of someone ‘finding’ an abandoned scooter in Castletown (07/08/20) please let them know it wasn’t abandoned it had been accidentally left behind and there’s a very sad little boy hoping for it’s return.

409A1DB6-9C0B-455F-9CC1-2D70FDB14598.png

I’ve added a picture to the op. Our one had sun bleached handles, my son is being absolutely lovely about this but I’m constantly admonishing myself and can’t think of anything else, so annoyed with myself. Hopefully the CCTV at the train station will help.

On 8/10/2020 at 9:21 AM, Declan said:

Sorry to hyjack the thread, but do 11 year olds ride scooters now?

Unfortunately they do, our next door neighbours kid must be around that age and he rides his scooter up and down a shared path, it sounds like rolling thunder through our house and then he uses the pavement and a little ramp for doing jumps over some Manx telecom grids, makes a horrible noise like its scraping the metal and grounding out. I’m forever waiting for him to upgrade to a Bmx with some nice rubber tyres rather than that horrible plastic wheeled thing he has now.

8 hours ago, Annoymouse said:

Unfortunately they do, our next door neighbours kid must be around that age and he rides his scooter up and down a shared path, it sounds like rolling thunder through our house and then he uses the pavement and a little ramp for doing jumps over some Manx telecom grids, makes a horrible noise like its scraping the metal and grounding out. I’m forever waiting for him to upgrade to a Bmx with some nice rubber tyres rather than that horrible plastic wheeled thing he has now.

Not just 11 year olds. There's a couple of men cruising the promenade walkway on them. Plus an elderly gentlemen on a skateboard.

Archived