Manx Care

Apple

6 minutes ago, Dr. Grumpy said:

I am reliably informed that a majority of the Non-executive Directors including the Chairman of Manx Care will be based off-island. Is this correct?

I would like to know how many new posts are being devised in DHSC which are replacing the posts now sitting in Manx Care, posts doing the same thing as those moved to Manx Care.   A chief exec for Manx Care and a Chief Exec for DHSC for starters.  Is that what is costing us the extra 10 million to set up Manx care?   Why are the elected not advising us? 4 weeks before the split happens.

Lots of new civil servants and paper pushing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Dr. Grumpy said:

I am reliably informed that a majority of the Non-executive Directors including the Chairman of Manx Care will be based off-island. Is this correct?

If you are reliably informed, why are you uncertain if it's correct ?

Anyway, I dont give a shit where they are based so long as they improve things

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Dr. Grumpy said:

Yes (I've referred to it a couple of times on here) and admitted as such in the media release that announced them: The opportunity to serve on Manx Care’s first Board of Directors attracted a field of almost 100 applicants from on and off Island, and two Manx residents are among the successful candidates.  So the other three aren't (though one does have a holiday cottage here) and neither is the Chair.

And of course that's the point - they want a collection of the sort of people who can be relied on to sit on Boards and let the management do what they want.  The fact that they and their families won't be affected by any decisions that are made will just make them even less likely to object.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

15 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

Yes (I've referred to it a couple of times on here) and admitted as such in the media release that announced them: The opportunity to serve on Manx Care’s first Board of Directors attracted a field of almost 100 applicants from on and off Island, and two Manx residents are among the successful candidates.  So the other three aren't (though one does have a holiday cottage here) and neither is the Chair.

And of course that's the point - they want a collection of the sort of people who can be relied on to sit on Boards and let the management do what they want.  The fact that they and their families won't be affected by any decisions that are made will just make them even less likely to object.

I’d be very interested to know who sat on/advised the panel responsible for interviewing and selecting these individuals. Presumably Ashford was one such - likely the Chair.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

That makes no sense at all.

I suspect you would have criticised no matter what the make up of the Board was.

Had they all been on island (thereby affecting their families) you would no doubt have criticised that as an old boys club/not enough experience/ no chance of change etc (take your pick).:rolleyes:

2 hours ago, TerryFuchwit said:

I suspect you would have criticised no matter what the make up of the Board was.

Had they all been on island (thereby affecting their families) you would no doubt have criticised that as an old boys club/not enough experience/ no chance of change etc (take your pick).:rolleyes:

You seem a bit touchy on the topic Ashie.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, TerryFuchwit said:

I don’t think it matters where they work from as long as they work, there are many useless managers propping each other up in their 80k jobs that produce nothing and don’t need to be taking up space in an office, we should be getting rid of them not the new blood.
 Does anyone actually know who is on the Manx Care senior managers list yet? 

• Thanks 1

Next disaster? Chester st surgery to be taken over by Finch Hill surgery, on the surface , great, but, the parking is bad enough but with a good few thousand extra folk vying for spaces? On street parking depleted, now this, plus all the folk having to re-locate again to another surgery.

8 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

Next disaster? Chester st surgery to be taken over by Finch Hill surgery, on the surface , great, but, the parking is bad enough but with a good few thousand extra folk vying for spaces? On street parking depleted, now this, plus all the folk having to re-locate again to another surgery.

Why is a practice moving surgery premises a disaster? The parking at Finch Hill is wholly inadequate. There’s parking outside CIRCA for patients. I’m struggling to think of a practice that hasn’t moved in the last 20 years. Promenade to Chester Street, Finch Hill to Kensington Road, Kensington Road to Nobles, Palatine to Ballafletcher Field Corner, etc etc.

52 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

I qualified the aspect of it that I thought to be a disaster especially in the present situation with parking in Douglas. Other than that I think using existing unused premises is great.

Yes, but the one aspect you chose, parking, will be improved by the move.