Manx Care

Apple

John, you know very well that there is a patient only parking area,. It was always packed and I would suggest it will continue to be so.

I have made my point, I am not trying to convince you or anyone else that I am correct so stop trying to pick a fight 'cos I'm not playing.

10 minutes ago, Boo Gay'n said:

Internal only, too - so they are bound to get an awesome candidate (heavy irony emoticon).

Our system is broken so we'll fix it with failed and broken parts?

FFS!

If any jobs in government should be open...it should be these Manx Care jobs.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dr. Grumpy said:

Interesting that they're prepared to challenge the equality act by making Masters level education an essential attribute, thereby debarring anybody who has the experiential knowledge. May as well state only if your name is 'John Smith' apply for this job.

The job description requires the internal candidate to be  “ Pivotal”

- it is an essential requirement -  as it is mentioned  several times

- a “pivotal role”

-  a “pivotal member “

and whilst oscillating and spinning , the successful  candidate will  also be :

“ Transforming a vision for the future into action, inspiring others and driving forward positive change”

”Driving forward the ongoing comprehensive transformational change”

”day to day management of operational business”

”part of the transformational works”

before going back to being   “ pivotal” again.

in what is described as  “Truly” Integrated Care  -

N.B,, forget simple old  “Integrated “ Care , or the more recent    “ Fully” or  “Totally” Integrated Care .. 

-this is “Truly”  Integrated Care...

Do Keep up..

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Dr. Grumpy said:

Yes, but at least they may stay on the island!

True, but how long in the job ? 

Is this the recently departed Murray job then ?

9 hours ago, english zloty said:

Interesting that they're prepared to challenge the equality act by making Masters level education an essential attribute, thereby debarring anybody who has the experiential knowledge. May as well state only if your name is 'John Smith' apply for this job.

The reference to the masters degree is classic DHSC shorthand for 'senior nurse' shoo in.  Nurses are obsessed with getting masters degrees in order to move up their professional greasy pole, and the nursing school colludes with that by offering Mickey Mouse subjects (write a thesis on how you feel about being a nurse) and almost no educational rigour in supervising the output.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

If any jobs in government should be open...it should be these Manx Care jobs.

Agreed. The problem now is that there are several non Manx people eyeing this up from where they currently sit in the organisation.

30 minutes ago, Boo Gay'n said:

The reference to the masters degree is classic DHSC shorthand for 'senior nurse' shoo in.  Nurses are obsessed with getting masters degrees in order to move up their professional greasy pole, and the nursing school colludes with that by offering Mickey Mouse subjects (write a thesis on how you feel about being a nurse) and almost no educational rigour in supervising the output.

Nail on head.

No-one needs a masters to show the skills, science and art of nursing and caring. University training is a big con and a cheap training avenue for hard up universities. 

In house hospital training, paid and determined locally based on patients needs and overseen by good tutors who actually are part of the hospital is what is needed. I am not sure we have that any more in my experience.

• Like 4