Manx Care

Apple

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

Listening to the Nations Propaganda Mouthpiece this morning with the new ‘boss’ of Manx Care, saying they have failed if there is an overspend is revelatory, in comparison to .’Ashie’ bullshit, warm words and complete full house of Manx bullshit bingo. The favourite thing which he thought was impressive was the amount of money IOMG was spending on ‘Manx Care’ for the Salaries of the new Directors. Ashies mentality is think of the civil servants. I’m sure come September he think what can I entice the voters of Douglas North with? 

I never know with the overspends, whats to say that the budget is just too low? Who decides what money is required at the start of the year?

I know you have to have a budget but is it a sensible figure in the first place?

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Apple said:

After being very cynical at times about whether this will bring about the changes much needed I am beginning to be more hopeful that this might just deliver what it says on the tin.

I was pleasantly bouyed by some of the Tynwald reactions / comments on the Duty of Candour (shame on Ashford though for not linking to the complaints process ...Yet !! )

We have new blood. We will know sooner than later if they can do what is required. 

Next steps include scrap the old "critical friendships" like the HSCC, privatise the HR functions, reform the IRBs for both health and social services, and publish, publish, publish data and information so people can make their own minds up. 

Oh yes - make clinical staff put on line their qualifications, histories, performances, specialities etc. And publish Board meetings minutes. Share the information - share the responsibility.

That'll do for the first 12 months.

I think you are being credulous, but then again, the last thing in Pandora's Box was hope...

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Dr. Grumpy said:

Hmmm..... Not a great start at Noble's; No clinical letters (even urgent)can be typed and sent out apparently. Alleged cause: change of letterhead to Manx Care. Is this info correct? (From a credible source, but simply can't believe it can be true)

I can and I also can believe that they forgot to organise the new letterheads before they were needed or at least try to move to the 21st Century and have them in Word.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Boris Johnson said:

I can and I also can believe that they forgot to organise the new letterheads before they were needed or at least try to move to the 21st Century and have them in Word.

What a let down. 

Are you sure this is not an April Fools Day thing ? No-one could be that gormless surely.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dr. Grumpy said:

Hmmm..... Not a great start at Noble's; No clinical letters (even urgent)can be typed and sent out apparently. Alleged cause: change of letterhead to Manx Care. Is this info correct? (From a credible source, but simply can't believe it can be true)

Why would it matter? One little bit. I’d rather they used the old. What the letterhead says today, tomorrow, or for the next week, month, or two, is of zero importance.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Why would it matter? One little bit. I’d rather they used the old. What the letterhead says today, tomorrow, or for the next week, month, or two, is of zero importance.

You're not from around these parts!

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, John Wright said:

It will matter if they have stopped sending out urgent clinical letters because of it.

(that's if it is true. If it isn't then no problem.).

• Thanks 1

Well at least they managed to get something done for day one. 

Basic complaints process.

Needs a lot of work and input from those who have had experience of the rubbish they have used so far. Needs to embrace the Duty of Candour, and very quickly. (why they didn't in the first instance might lead one to suspect they have rowed back already on being open and honest.)

https://www.gov.im/media/1372265/iom-nhs-manx-care-complaints-procedure.pdf

They have only had a couple of years and a few million pounds to prepare for it anyway. 

What else have they had 'teething problems' with, do you think?

• Like 1