Manx Care

Apple

On 4/7/2021 at 9:59 AM, Dr. Grumpy said:

Still not fixed, I gather. Why can't they just send the urgent letters out now with the old DHSC letterhead instead of stockpiling them?

I have just today, a hour or so ago , seen a letter with the new logo etc which my sister received a week ago . Looks nice tbh so clearly they are available and circulating. My brother in law had one also day or so before sisters but didnt pyhsically see it but  it exists I'm sure . 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

I have just today, a hour or so ago , seen a letter with the new logo etc which my sister received a week ago . Looks nice tbh so clearly they are available and circulating. My brother in law had one also day or so before sisters but didnt pyhsically see it but  it exists I'm sure . 

Are you sure it wasn't shredded?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Beelzebub3 said:

Are all the Manx care management team new people to the Island or are they just re-cycled CS from here? If the latter is the case nothing will change as they were most probably the cause of the problems at the DHSC. If they were from Off Island did they have to quarantine prior to this meeting? I am a bit concerned looking at the closeness of the participants and social distancing clearly does not apply, just asking as a simple pleb!

Here you go.

https://www.gov.im/media/1372261/manx-care-board-biographies-01-april-2021-website.pdf

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Beelzebub3 said:

Thanks Apple.

I got it from the @Boo Gay'n post a few pages ago.

Some of the side sections have some further information. 

Poor start but it can only get better. Surely.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dr. Grumpy said:

Not clear how many of these are Manx taxpayers

Mr. Wood is Manx resident, one or two others are implied to be, several clearly are not.

• Thanks 2

The scale of the problems for Manx Care, and therefore we the public, face can be seen in next weeks Tynwald order paper. Examples:

MHK Mr Shimmin is laying down the issues for a revamped complaints process and system long overdue  ( ? next Health and Social Care Minister - not a bad move in my view.)

Tynwald Commissioner for Administration Statement of Reasons for Failure to
Investigate a Complaint TCA 1824 [TCA 1824]
Tynwald Commissioner for Administration Report on case TCA 1904 [TCA 1904]

Motion to hear witnesses
The Hon. Member for Arbory, Castletown and Malew (Mr Cregeen) to move –
That the following witness be heard at the bar of Tynwald Court during the General Debate on Myalgic Encephalomyelitis:
Dr Helen Greg.
General Debate (Myalgic Encephalomyelitis)
The Hon. Member for Arbory, Castletown and Malew (Mr Cregeen) to move a General Debate on ME (Myalgic Encephalomyelitis).

General Debate (Manx Care Mandate)
The Hon. Member for Douglas North (Mr Ashford) to move a General Debate on the Manx Care Mandate.
DHSC Mandate to Manx Care Service Year 2021 – 2022 [GC No. 2021/0021] is relevant to this item.

As well as the usual Covid Regulations etc. 

Also an item  on the need for a revamped legal system review. 

• Like 1

Salisbury Street PAC report

SUMMARY OF CONCLUSIONS AND RECOMMENDATIONS.

Personal note - my own emojis to reflect my own views and opinions

We conclude that, while the DHSC commissioned beds at Salisbury Street may not have been occupied as quickly as Mr Murray initially expected, there has been sustained demand for the 40 beds in the intervening three-year period which indicates that they were necessary; and are satisfying demand identified in the Adult Social Care Market Position Statement and Commissioning Intentions for Older People on the Isle of Man 2016-2021.99 😃

We conclude that securing availability at a known price has its advantages, but we do not believe that the Department’s current approach of calculating value for money is justifiable.🤔

We conclude that, while the 95% threshold appears to have been informally acknowledged as the threshold, there was no contractual agreement regarding the minimum percentage of benefit funding required in order for a client to qualify for a DHSC commissioned bed; in theory therefore anyone in receipt of any social security benefit, including only a state pension, could legally occupy a DHSC bed.😏

We conclude that the loss of income, due to the issues regarding charging and the benefit payment offsetting process, was avoidable; however, once identified, the required amendments to legislation were made with reasonable expediency.
We note that the independent investigation report stated that this complaint was proved and an apology due; we note this was sent.🤗

We conclude that the DHSC paid the market value of a Turnkey property, fully equipped and ready to commence trading, and did not overpay for Salisbury Street Nursing Home, and overall this business model appears to have been a financial success.🤩

We concur with the finding of the internal investigation regarding the allegation of coercion, it is not proven. However, we consider an email from a Department Officer asking for confirmation of Mr Murray’s intentions about severing a private business connection was wholly inappropriate. We can understand how, given the stress Mr Murray was under during that period, this would have contributed to his decision to withdraw from Salisbury Care Ltd.☹️

We conclude that it is of concern that the build cost of Summerhill View has been estimated at approximately twice the build cost of Salisbury Street, as quoted by Mr Murray and the estimate reported in the media for the proposed new development on the Homefield Site.😩😱

Recommendation 1
DHSC should present evidence to satisfy Tynwald, or the Public Accounts Committee, if there are commercial confidentiality issues regarding the value for money of the Summerhill View Development.😎

just for fun.....

1 hour ago, Apple said:

£10,000 for a new logo for Manx Care. 

So with this and the duff photograph that's 2 blunders down.

Only 1 more to go.....

Who told you that? I understood the logo had been designed in house so was essentially free (unless you’re going to start calculating the hourly rate of whoever was already employed doing it)

Happy to be proved wrong :)

2 minutes ago, wrighty said:

Who told you that? I understood the logo had been designed in house so was essentially free (unless you’re going to start calculating the hourly rate of whoever was already employed doing it)

Says here Mr Wright...

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=61391&headline=In the Isle of Man Examiner: Thousands spent on logo for new health body&sectionIs=NEWS&searchyear=2021

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, wrighty said:

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=61391&headline=In the Isle of Man Examiner%3A Thousands spent on logo for new health body&

In the Isle of Man Examiner: Ten thousand pounds has been spent on rebranding and new-look signs for Manx Care, the new body that’s running day-to-day health services.

Edited by code99
  • Thanks 1