Manx Care

Apple

14 minutes ago, Dr. Grumpy said:

I too have heard of cancelations of planned procedures, not in the same speciality either. Something's brewing methinks

Maybe the DoI decided to put roundels in the theatres? In which case they'd better cancel November's operations as well. 

Joking aside, this is rather worrying. Wonder how long the GMP will be kept in the dark on this?

Edited by Zarley
Extra bit
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, wrighty said:

Nobody’s told me

Why would they,  it would clearly be based on the civil service need to know system, and the medical staff  would be the clearly nearer the last to know. I think you over estimate your importance in Manx Care, surely the man who fills the vending machines comes first, then there is a long line of people before the medical staff.

• Haha 1

Article on the Nations Propaganda Mouthpiece this morning about the Palatine Health Centre. It’s claimed that staff are leaving due to a rise in abusive behaviour. A problem which both Ashford and Manx Care have created. Sadly as with other practices trying to get an appointment with a Doctor or a Nurse is impossible. You are resorted to phoning at 8 in the morning for a cancellation appointment. It’s not the practices fault but the Manx Care and others have a lot to answer for and it will take years to resolve. Unfortunately some patients suffering with health needs requirements haven’t got years.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

In what possible way have Ashford and manx care created a bunch of dickheads being dickheads?

Agreed.

My opinion of Ashford (a lying, pompous, lying liar who suffers from Dunning-Kruger syndrome) has absolutely no bearing on how I treat medical staff. The lack of timely appointments is not their fault. They do their best in a broken system. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, 2112 said:

Article on the Nations Propaganda Mouthpiece this morning about the Palatine Health Centre. It’s claimed that staff are leaving due to a rise in abusive behaviour. A problem which both Ashford and Manx Care have created. Sadly as with other practices trying to get an appointment with a Doctor or a Nurse is impossible. You are resorted to phoning at 8 in the morning for a cancellation appointment. It’s not the practices fault but the Manx Care and others have a lot to answer for and it will take years to resolve. Unfortunately some patients suffering with health needs requirements haven’t got years.

They picked this up from a Facebook post I saw yesterday.