Manx Care

Apple

20 minutes ago, Banker said:

Another CEO who will be running the show from lounge in UK, probably another £150 k pa 

https://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/manx-care-ceo-appointed/

Ashford’s gushing excitement doesn’t make it clear whether she’ll be full time, resident, either or neither.

2 minutes ago, Anyone said:

Currently advertising for a director of finance for Manx Care at a salary of £75k plus extras. So a pretty big salary bill already.

And we’ll still have all the roles already in DHSC on massive salaries as don’t suppose any will be going.

the costs of this new setup will be huge when public purse already under strain so expect taxes going up next year.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

Ashford’s gushing excitement doesn’t make it clear whether she’ll be full time, resident, either or neither.

As ever when gushing excitement appears in the news it's usually a sign that it was derived from a DHSC press release and those doing the gushing probably never said anything of the sort or possibly even read it first.

In this case Ms Cope (who comes from Doncaster - maybe she'll bring some exciting diseases with her) seems to have the usual career pattern of such appointments according to her Linkedin - of never being in one job for more than about three years.  She also seems to have managed the usual self-boosting bullshit that such positions require:

Experienced Chief Operating Officer with a demonstrated history of working in the hospital & health care industry. Skilled in Performance Improvement, Six Sigma, Quality Assurance, Healthcare Information Technology (HIT), and Healthcare Management. Strong operations professional with a Master of Science (MSc) focused in Allied Health (Radiography) from University of Derby.

The press release does however inform us that, according to Andrew Foster: ‘I know that she and her family are looking forward to relocating to the Island once the situation allows and to becoming part of the Island community.’  So she may actually turn up in person.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Banker said:

And we’ll still have all the roles already in DHSC on massive salaries as don’t suppose any will be going.

the costs of this new setup will be huge when public purse already under strain so expect taxes going up next year.

If DHSC staffing isn’t trimmed when Manx Care come along that’ll be a disgrace. Why, for example, will DHSC need a high-powered, high salary finance chief when it will have a tiny budget? It’ll only be responsible for strategy and policy; it won’t be delivering healthcare and it won’t be spending. Indeed, it won’t need a CEO on the same salary of the DHSS/DHSC era. When the non-resident, part time, lady at DHSC leaves, coincident with the start of Manx Care, she can be replaced by a far less grand post holder. DHSC is about to become a shadow of its former self - it’s budget needs to shrink accordingly. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

As ever when gushing excitement appears in the news it's usually a sign that it was derived from a DHSC press release and those doing the gushing probably never said anything of the sort or possibly even read it first.

In this case Ms Cope (who comes from Doncaster - maybe she'll bring some exciting diseases with her) seems to have the usual career pattern of such appointments according to her Linkedin - of never being in one job for more than about three years.  She also seems to have managed the usual self-boosting bullshit that such positions require:

The press release does however inform us that, according to Andrew Foster: ‘I know that she and her family are looking forward to relocating to the Island once the situation allows and to becoming part of the Island community.’  So she may actually turn up in person.

That’ll be a novelty. It feels as if the Health Service hasn’t had a Manx resident CEO since about 1955. 

26 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

I think that the job advert stipulated that the successful candidate had to live here. As far as I know the current regulations for travel still allow this - makes house hunting challenging though. 

11 minutes ago, wrighty said:

I think that the job advert stipulated that the successful candidate had to live here. As far as I know the current regulations for travel still allow this - makes house hunting challenging though. 

I would imagine any relocation package would include temporary accommodation, which would then be used as a base for house-hunting.  Taking up employment counts as a reason for entry to be allowed and other members of the family are admitted on compassionate grounds.

2 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

I would imagine any relocation package would include temporary accommodation, which would then be used as a base for house-hunting.  Taking up employment counts as a reason for entry to be allowed and other members of the family are admitted on compassionate grounds.

Another “key worker” and their schedule to manage. Was there really not one person qualified to do this job in the IOM? 

Edited by thesultanofsheight