Manx Care

Apple

1 hour ago, Boris Johnson said:

Last lockdown I had an appointment booked but it was put online.

I was not impressed as they needed to see me to see what was wrong. I sent them a picture and now I am on the sex offenders register...............................;-)

Post of the month 😂

On 12/23/2020 at 11:46 AM, Dr. Grumpy said:

1. We are throwing good money (3.5 Million) after bad money (one Mill spent already)into 'Manx Care' 

2. There will be Zero tangible benefit to the public

3. Will end in tears

4. A limited number of people are laughing all the way to the bank

5. We'll end up with a significantly worse service costing much more

Hope they empty the useless hangers on, so called mangers, seems bad managers are just given new titles in DHSC brushing under carpet how useless they are.  
Some new blood is much needed.   Worth every penny long term if the new teams pick up the carpet and chase the rats out.   Shocking the things I hear about management in health care.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

New DHSC  Director of Strategy and Commissioning started 18th January.

New Director of Quality, Safety & Engagement started 13th January.  

Both announced internally but funnily enough not outside the DHSC. They usually announce these appointments,

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Apple said:

New DHSC  Director of Strategy and Commissioning started 18th January.

New Director of Quality, Safety & Engagement started 13th January.  

Both announced internally but funnily enough not outside the DHSC. They usually announce these appointments,

Any of them Manx or at least based here?

• 2 weeks later...

Meanwhile in the UK, the Government has seen sense and is considering reversing a lot of changes that we are embarking on:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55960355

Whilst it may be too late to stop the IOM Government from repeating UK's mistakes, at least it looks like there will be a proper NHS to escape to (if the boat in the morning is not cancelled) when Manx Care ends in tears

Here at the main bullet points in the UK Gov white paper:

http://www.healthpolicyinsight.com/?q=node/1700

Sorry about this Mr Ashford but the news papers are carrying the proposals to ‘turn back the clock’ as it were. Scrapping Lansley reforms and going back to ministerial control and accountability of the whole NHS.

The Times / Gaurdian are carrying news about the Govt white paper and with Ministers acknowledging / questioning the changes in the face of a global pandemic. They seem to be saying the Strategy and Operational split has not worked and  diluted accountability so lets get rid of Manx Care NHS England.

Not like the IoM then😱

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Apple said:

Here at the main bullet points in the UK Gov white paper:

http://www.healthpolicyinsight.com/?q=node/1700

Sorry about this Mr Ashford but the news papers are carrying the proposals to ‘turn back the clock’ as it were. Scrapping Lansley reforms and going back to ministerial control and accountability of the whole NHS.

The Times / Gaurdian are carrying news about the Govt white paper and with Ministers acknowledging / questioning the changes in the face of a global pandemic. They seem to be saying the Strategy and Operational split has not worked and  diluted accountability so lets get rid of Manx Care NHS England.

Not like the IoM then😱

Maybe at the next press briefing called to congratulate themselves a journalist can ask about Manx Care & plans if UK reverse changes as is possible 

3 hours ago, Banker said:

Maybe at the next press briefing called to congratulate themselves a journalist can ask about Manx Care & plans if UK reverse changes as is possible 

I do not think there is any chance of that. It went through unanimously in Tynwald (as DA repeatedly points out) and no -one, believe me no one,  will dare challenge it or they will be made to all look like useless saps.

Especially for approving the £20 million allocated to roll it out.

Still, it has kept many, many managers and others busy for the last 5 years in the planning, the meetings, the development of an alternative provider and not to mention the legal teams preparing for it. Also, don't forget the £8000,000 ? was it for Sir Michael, his team and his report.

Shame it will be out of date in the next couple of years, and once again our NHS will be mismatched to the UK NHS.  Still, we can spend as much again to realign ourselves in the future.

What makes me curious is why the Lib Vannin party supported it, especially Hooper. 

• Thanks 1