Manncoin

Major Rushen

1 hour ago, wrighty said:

It’s a story about a cryptocurrency, a bandwagon, and some magic beans. 

I thought magic beans had been rebranded as disruptive legume tech, so as to better demonstrate how they're causing us to totally rethink beans and the way they're used?

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Just looks like a scam. Even the people behind it seem unclear. 

It doesn't look like a scam to me. But, so far, nor does it look like anything other than an almost infinite number of other coins which people launch everyday. Anyone can do it.

It looks to me like more or less exactly what they describe it as - ie a publicity exercise aimed at advertising themselves as being able to implement blockchain technologies etc. At face value that's a bit of a so what?

It would be great to see some more about the actual technologies being used and the implementation. Something like a white paper.

No harm in keeping an open mind.

On the other thread - @Amadeus who knows his stuff suggested that it looks like it might be a stablecoin / token. I'm wondering what leads him to this possible conclusion given the lack of public information.

Just now, thesultanofsheight said:

You should invest then clearly. Let us know how you get on. 

Or you could read and digest what I wrote. I don't see any evidence of it being either a scam or, particularly, much more than just another coin. I think it's most likely what they say it is. ie publicity.

MannCoin, if you read the whitepaper is really nothing special at all. Popular coins tend to have a USP that makes them stand out.

Bitcoin - got there first, so is well established and to some extent rides on that. Simple but works

Litecoin - designed to be harder to 'mine' with specialized hardware

Ethereum - allows the 'blockchain' to do computation with smart contracts. In other words, you can do things like escrow etc. or even lottery-style things in a verifiable fashion

Ripple - Designed to be less wild west from a regulatory perspective, focusing on enabling easy currency exchange etc.

Monero - very popular for naughty things as it's fungible, coins aren't tainted with dodgy activity as bitcoins can be, and they're truly anonymous.

Manncoin is just another 'create your own coin', trying to market itself with the Isle of Man because that sounds 'offshore'. It's probably on par with dogecoin, whose USP was the Shiba dog captioned with funny text.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...