Manncoin

Major Rushen

8 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Most people don't solo mine. They're in mining pools where the BTC is split by work.

I know.

The confusion was around him saying he mined these when it first started. When the block reward was 50 and mining pools were not a thing (and would not have been worth bothering with since Bitcoin Average Difficulty was trivial).

Edited by pongo

On 5/23/2021 at 9:21 PM, The Voice of Reason said:

Conister Bank are offering 1.6% on one year fixed deposit right now. Somewhat better than 0.005% you have quoted.

Risk/ reward I guess

If you follow people like Saylor then it makes sense never to sell any bitcoin.  Can always release equity against it at retirement etc when you need the funds   (Using my btc and a few other crypto as collateral, I can borrow usdt which is a stablecoin and can be swapped to GBP at a rate   lower than my current    mortgage rate !!).  I know that we do not have capital gains tax here but it is still better to borrow against it  than sell..

While doing  this I am prepared for major retracements and will not borrow more than 5 or 10% of the value of my holding.

And with my crypto gains  I can compound my return at nearly 50% a year using stablecoins as collateral and borrowing  and farming using farming tokens..

So the recent dump has had zero impact on my profits  which are all in stablecoins.

Edited by mad_manx

Martin Aram the person behind this 'scam' put his Lamborghini up in a prize giveaway. when he was asked on LinkedIn who had won the car he responded 'no one met the criteria', despite no terms being included, he then removed the post and all YouTube videos. Their white paper seems to have disappeared as well. Look at the last page of their power point presentation. Even they don't know how it will benefit businesses.

https://manncoin.im/pdfs/manncoin-business-brochure.pdf

Initial registration on their site could originally be done without any need to provide any proof of ID or residence. How the Government ever gave them a registration under the Designated Business Act I will never know.

Avoid.

• Thanks 1

WhitePaper : https://fintechreports.info/resourcefiles/MannCoin-Whitepaper-V2_0-23-May-2019.pdf

Bare in mind that most of that has now been refuted by the company. But, that is what they originally were promising. Now it's a marketplace with no exchange listing of the coin and no Manncoin to fiat transactions, no mining and any potential price being set and controlled by Manncoin itself.

Aka...Manx Disney Dollars!...or should we call them Kipper Pounds....oh that's a good one. Lets make our own xD. We can run it in the BSC Network as a token.

Edited by Chie
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Chie said:

WhitePaper : https://fintechreports.info/resourcefiles/MannCoin-Whitepaper-V2_0-23-May-2019.pdf

Bare in mind that most of that has now been refuted by the company. But, that is what they originally were promising. Now it's a marketplace with no exchange listing of the coin and no Manncoin to fiat transactions, no mining and any potential price being set and controlled by Manncoin itself.

Aka...Manx Disney Dollars!...or should we call them Kipper Pounds....oh that's a good one. Lets make our own xD. We can run it in the BSC Network as a token.

Lets hope that its not on ethereum. the transaction fee would have been more than  what the coin may be worth 😀

16 hours ago, mad_manx said:

Lets hope that its not on ethereum. the transaction fee would have been more than  what the coin may be worth 😀

Its a fork of lite coin from what they told me through email.

Isn't there as massive environment costs for this bit coin stuff?

Something about the equivalent of the energy output of a country the size of Pakistan?