Manncoin

Major Rushen

1 hour ago, Apple said:

Isn't there as massive environment costs for this bit coin stuff?

Something about the equivalent of the energy output of a country the size of Pakistan?

Yes, but it’s not quite as black and white as that. 

Firstly, using regular cash is not environmentally neutral either - think of all the energy costs of running the offices of the likes of Visa, Mastercard, all the banks, stock exchanges etc. 

Secondly, while Bitcoin currently relies on a ‘Proof of Work’ scheme to maintain the Blockchain, other coins use a ‘Proof of Stake’ which is much less energy intensive. Ethereum, the second biggest crypto, is due to move to the latter. (My understanding is that a PoW scheme means all the nodes on the network race to crack the code that validates the next block, and whoever wins gets the next coins - that’s what mining means. Since everyone is working on the same problem most effort, and therefore energy, is wasted. A PoS scheme means that a particular node gets chosen to solve the block, and the likelihood of getting chosen depends on how much of the currency they hold, or stake.  Other nodes validate the block, which energy wise is much easier. This is the gist of it anyway - anyone else feel free to correct me if I’m way off the mark)

2 hours ago, wrighty said:

Yes, but it’s not quite as black and white as that. 

It never is 😀

Firstly, using regular cash is not environmentally neutral either - think of all the energy costs of running the offices of the likes of Visa, Mastercard, all the banks, stock exchanges etc. 

We are still going to have them in spite of bitcoin, so no energy actually saved.

Secondly, while Bitcoin currently relies on a ‘Proof of Work’ scheme to maintain the Blockchain, other coins use a ‘Proof of Stake’ which is much less energy intensive. Ethereum, the second biggest crypto, is due to move to the latter. (My understanding is that a PoW scheme means all the nodes on the network race to crack the code that validates the next block, and whoever wins gets the next coins - that’s what mining means. Since everyone is working on the same problem most effort, and therefore energy, is wasted. A PoS scheme means that a particular node gets chosen to solve the block, and the likelihood of getting chosen depends on how much of the currency they hold, or stake.  Other nodes validate the block, which energy wise is much easier. This is the gist of it anyway - anyone else feel free to correct me if I’m way off the mark)

Thats more or less how I understand it too. The use of energy for this is probably something the green candidates might want to chip in with. 

Another significant factor is how the electricity used is generated. If it's done with renewables then I don't see an issue.

Some Bitcoiners deploy a seemingly similar but bogus argument around the use of, so -called,  surplus energy.

Centralised networks are very significantly more energy efficient than decentralised networks in this context. Much more efficient in general actually. Having everyone doing ultimately pointless work to achieve a quite different end is ultimately very stupid. It's a very clunky solution. Though I have been part of it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I am sure this will be a huge success? Why would I ever use Amazon again?

”It's been a very busy 2021 so far for Manncoin with the team working on a number of new features for the Manncoin Ecosystem including the new User Wallet App, a unique Business Wallet app and now comes MarketPlace.

Today we are pleased to announce that Manncoin MarketPlace (like 'Amazon' for Manncoin) is now ready to welcome businesses to set up their Stores and list their goods and services ahead of the official Manncoin Launch.

MarketPlace will fully launch to the public later on this year enabling all Manncoin Users to Log in via their App and purchase any of the goods and services on offer.”

6 hours ago, Ramseyboi said:

”It's been a very busy 2021 so far for Manncoin with the team working on a number of new features for the Manncoin Ecosystem including the new User Wallet App, a unique Business Wallet app and now comes MarketPlace.

Today we are pleased to announce that Manncoin MarketPlace (like 'Amazon' for Manncoin) is now ready to welcome businesses to set up their Stores and list their goods and services ahead of the official Manncoin Launch.

MarketPlace will fully launch to the public later on this year enabling all Manncoin Users to Log in via their App and purchase any of the goods and services on offer.”

I thought it might have been behind the loveman card thing.  The changing of its purpose and the failure of the guy running it to answer any technical questions is a concern.

I wonder how much money they have received from government? This stinks of e-habitant 2.0 but with less technical skill

• Thanks 2

16 hours ago, Ramseyboi said:

They still haven't fully explained how it will work. I own my own business and I am absolutely not registering diddly business wise until I fully know what it is I am signing up for.

From what I gather you can choose to award buyers with your own Manncoin?. The same Manncoin that is accepted in precisely zero shops around the island and has no use case outside of their marketplace?. The same buyers can pay with Manncoin?. Seems a very limited case use and in all honesty, if they do allow you to sell Manncoin for Fiat, I would be more inclined to keep the free 100 Manncoin and sell it as opposed to give it away.

Facebook pretty much covers most peoples (and businesses) need to sell pretty much anything locally. And few local businesses might be swayed by a new and interesting Manx marketplace but how many of those are savvy enough to start dealing with the concept of cryptocurrency, even if it is a severely watered down version of, and a special award points system when they can just go on Amazon or Ebay and reach a much wider audience. You don't even need to engage in full KYC and whatever else to sell on Ebay, you can literally register an account and start listing and sell worldwide within minutes.

I guess we will see in the coming months but, so far...me no like.

On 8/26/2021 at 12:16 AM, Chie said:

They still haven't fully explained how it will work. I own my own business and I am absolutely not registering diddly business wise until I fully know what it is I am signing up for.

From what I gather you can choose to award buyers with your own Manncoin?. The same Manncoin that is accepted in precisely zero shops around the island and has no use case outside of their marketplace?. The same buyers can pay with Manncoin?. Seems a very limited case use and in all honesty, if they do allow you to sell Manncoin for Fiat, I would be more inclined to keep the free 100 Manncoin and sell it as opposed to give it away.

Facebook pretty much covers most peoples (and businesses) need to sell pretty much anything locally. And few local businesses might be swayed by a new and interesting Manx marketplace but how many of those are savvy enough to start dealing with the concept of cryptocurrency, even if it is a severely watered down version of, and a special award points system when they can just go on Amazon or Ebay and reach a much wider audience. You don't even need to engage in full KYC and whatever else to sell on Ebay, you can literally register an account and start listing and sell worldwide within minutes.

I guess we will see in the coming months but, so far...me no like.

They're claiming now that they're hoping to go through the regulatory process to have a Manncoin exchange.

https://manncoin.im/faq

I still wouldn't touch it with a barge pole, the FAQ raises more questions than it answers.

Edited by AcousticallyChallenged
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1