Manncoin

Major Rushen

5 hours ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

They're claiming now that they're hoping to go through the regulatory process to have a Manncoin exchange.

https://manncoin.im/faq

I still wouldn't touch it with a barge pole, the FAQ raises more questions than it answers.

Same. Staying well away. 

• Like 1

Warren Buffet American businessman and philanthropist, widely considered the most successful investor of the 20th century, having defied prevailing investment trends to amass a personal fortune of more than $60 billion.

"I get in enough trouble with things I think I know something about. Why in the world should I take a long or short position in something I don't know anything about?”

But people like to gamble, he told CNBC after a 2018 Berkshire Hathaway annual meeting, which is another problem with nonproductive assets.

“If you don’t understand it, you get much more excited than if you understand it. You can have anything you want to imagine if you just look at something and say, ‘that’s magic.’”

Fairy dust. If you cannot explain what you are selling in plain english then I ain't buying it.

Technology is great when it works. Now imagine if something came along (quantum code breaking) that negated the crypto part.  

5 hours ago, CallMeCurious said:

Warren Buffet American businessman and philanthropist, widely considered the most successful investor of the 20th century, having defied prevailing investment trends to amass a personal fortune of more than $60 billion.

"I get in enough trouble with things I think I know something about. Why in the world should I take a long or short position in something I don't know anything about?”

But people like to gamble, he told CNBC after a 2018 Berkshire Hathaway annual meeting, which is another problem with nonproductive assets.

“If you don’t understand it, you get much more excited than if you understand it. You can have anything you want to imagine if you just look at something and say, ‘that’s magic.’”

Fairy dust. If you cannot explain what you are selling in plain english then I ain't buying it.

Technology is great when it works. Now imagine if something came along (quantum code breaking) that negated the crypto part.  

The same Berkshire Hathaway that has recently invested $500m in the parent company of Nubank, a digital-focused bank that offers crypto investment products to it's users. That also has a digital investment platform allowing access to Bitcoin ETF's. 

Watch what they do, not what they say.

26 minutes ago, Danoo said:

The same Berkshire Hathaway that has recently invested $500m in the parent company of Nubank, a digital-focused bank that offers crypto investment products to it's users. That also has a digital investment platform allowing access to Bitcoin ETF's. 

Watch what they do, not what they say.

There's a big difference between investing in crypto and investing in servicing crypto though.  The people who made money out of gold rushes were the store owners, the dealers and the bankers, not the miners.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

There's a big difference between investing in crypto and investing in servicing crypto though.  The people who made money out of gold rushes were the store owners, the dealers and the bankers, not the miners.

People can choose to believe crypto is just a passing scam based on prior assumptions or get involved relatively early in a wave of digitising virtually everything on the planet. All the big banks, investment and hedge funds and corporations are now involved. The regulators are slowly catching up. As ever your man on the street will be the last to jump aboard when the money has been made. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Danoo said:

People can choose to believe crypto is just a passing scam based on prior assumptions or get involved relatively early in a wave of digitising virtually everything on the planet. All the big banks, investment and hedge funds and corporations are now involved. The regulators are slowly catching up. As ever your man on the street will be the last to jump aboard when the money has been made. 

Yes..happens in every cycle ..Man on the street comes in only at the very end .

I am very bullish on crypto and have been in space for nearly 9 years now.

Wish I had held on to all my btc instead of selling quite early on .

I still have some so it's not so bad after all..

Edited by mad_manx
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...
1 hour ago, Bandits said:

Makes you wonder if this sort of thing will be changing the attitude of the regulators here

Unlikely given they approved the registration of Manncoin! 

In all seriousness they will have to consider this a lot more carefully than the current light touch regulatory overview for DBA registered companies in this sector. 

4 hours ago, Bandits said:

Makes you wonder if this sort of thing will be changing the attitude of the regulators here

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10807233/Coinbase-warns-customers-lose-crypto-company-goes-bankrupt.html

Not your keys, not your coins. This isn't about a particular coin but the way one exchange treats customer funds. Don't use Coinbase, use a hardware wallet, simple. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Amadeus said:

Not your keys, not your coins. This isn't about a particular coin but the way one exchange treats customer funds. Don't use Coinbase, use a hardware wallet, simple. 

I’m amazed they aren’t required to hold clients assets under a separate Independent trustee arrangement. The issue here is your investment is counted as assets of the company - which is mad. Nobody in their right mind would invest on that basis.  

22 minutes ago, Bandits said:

I’m amazed they aren’t required to hold clients assets under a separate Independent trustee arrangement. The issue here is your investment is counted as assets of the company - which is mad. Nobody in their right mind would invest on that basis.  

That is a bit nuts, yes. 

Would have to check how any local DBA firms like exchanges, altcoins, etc, handle this. 

Under IOM rules, crypto egaming firms, just like fiat egaming firms, have to hold funds in segregated accounts / wallets, so no risk of this happening here.

• Like 1