Ramsey Boundary Extension?

Non-Believer

Just thumbing through tonight's Courier and on P5 an article covers a proposal by Ramsey Commissioners to extend its boundaries north, west and south into areas currently under the jurisdiction of Lezayre and Garff.

This is said to be to allow the "thriving" town to further expand following the near completion of five major housing developments within the outskirts of the town.

The article also notes that Ramsey Rates are currently considerably more expensive than those of their neighbours at 399p in the pound whilst Garff and Lezayre are 131p and 92p respectively.

There will be a stakeholder's consultation prior to an application being made to the DOI.

4 minutes ago, slinkydevil said:

Yes, the proposed boundary extension would nicely encompass Dandara's proposed new development which will spread the town westward over the Milntown Farm and associated areas. They were supposed to be building back in towards the town in an easterly direction but allegedly couldn't reach agreement on the purchase price of the land with the landowners.

Just now, Non-Believer said:

Yes, the proposed boundary extension would nicely encompass Dandara's proposed new development which will spread the town westward over the Milntown Farm and associated areas. They were supposed to be building back in towards the town in an easterly direction but allegedly couldn't reach agreement on the purchase price of the land with the landowners.

They should make them finish the road for that lot before they allow them to build any more!

• Like 1

RTC want to grab land that belongs to other parishes. Hmmm, I wonder why... I am quite sure that the people who have purchased homes in one of the rural parishes would just love to become part of Ramsey and help pay for the court house and other such wasteful projects. I would hope that there is going to be a democratic process that enables Garff and Lezayre residents to remain within their chosen parishes and not allow such a cynical land grab. If Dandara do get the 181 houses through, then why shouldn't Lezayre benefit from the rates, it is their land. RTC argue that the public in the proposed areas benefit from Ramsey facilities. I would counter that the entire north use Ramsey facilities, but I suppose assimilating Jurby, Sulby and Andreas etc into RTC would be considered plain greedy. I personally enjoy lower rates than the town, but I appreciate we are a small island and rates should be equalised. We are likely to get a unified rates system within the not to distant future, so I am not arguing just to keep my currently low rates, I just do not want to be a part of Ramsey, in the same way that I do not want to be part of Douglas. Rhumsaa, in your professional capacity, sod off and leave us alone - please :flowers:   

5 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Yes all those lovely rates.

• Like 2

that's it really, it is a money grabbing exercise, nothing more, Douglas should extend its boundaries to Port st Mary, Peel and the point of Ayre and fuck all the little empires into the bin.  a single island rate is all that is needed.

Edited by WTF
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, WTF said:

that's it really, it is a money grabbing exercise, nothing more, Douglas should extend its boundaries to Port st Mary, Peel and the point of Ayre and fuck aa the little empires into the bin.  a single island rate is all that is needed.

There should definitely be one all island rate or as a maximum 4 local authorities. The money saved would be astronomical in clerks & various administrative salaries 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

I would imagine that most people residing around douglas would indeed want an all island rate. They can go fuck themselves as far as I'm concerned. If you think the rates are too high simply move.

and once you've moved they extend their boundaries to get you back in,  might as well do it all in one go.  it may help stop the high street moving to industrial estates

Edited by WTF