Ramsey Boundary Extension?

Non-Believer

Just now, Non-Believer said:

The meeting was yesterday, 02/10.

RTC were represented by the town clerk and an advocate. The opposing areas managed to muster elected representatives, to include MHKs, which is what the electorate will be impressed with, it's why they elect people in the first instance. Appearances can count for a lot.

Appearances can count for a lot when people don’t understand what is going on.

What was the advantage of any commissioned or MHK being there other than to be keeping up appearances?

If I were to return to the island, I would buy in one of the minor parishes of the North as opposed to Ramsey, and just suck up the car use. The rates charges were too high and it was hard to see what you got for your money beyond a Nice Park. I had to persistently remind them to cut the grass verges on Grove Mount as otherwise they'd have been knee high.

So if there are more houses needing built, why can't Lezayre take the benefit of some more rates take? Why does the boundary have to be extended for Ramsey? 

I was always a supporter of an all island rate, to even things out. But now,.reflecting on the poor management of Ramsey budgets, which mirrors over here where councils similarly lack proactivity, I'd be much more inclined to stick it to the man and live rurally.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

II had to persistently remind them to cut the grass verges on Grove Mount as otherwise they'd have been knee high.

But now,.reflecting on the poor management of Ramsey budgets, 

Definitely poor if they're being harassed to cut verges on "millionaires row"

• Haha 1