Cannabis - Time for a re-think?

Neil Down

2 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

HPS lights are pretty energy hungry. I had a single 400w HPS running 12 hours a day for 9 plants (sog 1.2msq) and it did some serious damage to my leccy bill. 

Yeah, but it's worth it if you get 1st place in the Andreas Village Hall annual Marrow growing competition. Fair play to you :thumbsup: 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

HPS lights are pretty energy hungry. I had a single 400w HPS running 12 hours a day for 9 plants (sog 1.2msq) and it did some serious damage to my leccy bill. 

Buy an electric car and take advantage of the half price electric during the night hours? Fairly sure unit price for commercial premises are lower anyway.

Just now, Annoymouse said:

Buy an electric car and take advantage of the half price electric during the night hours? Fairly sure unit price for commercial premises are lower anyway.

Haha, I don't grow anymore, can't risk it cos children. Wish I could.

5 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

The unit cost for some commercial is slightly lower but I'm sure they make it back with KVA charges etc.

48 minutes ago, finlo said:

A serious grower would've bypassed the meter:whistling:

I knew a bloke, lived in Malta Road in London. There was a street light right outside his front door, about 6 or 7 feet away. He went out in the dead of night, lifted the 3 paving slabs on the pavement, hastily scoured-out a 2x2 inch trough underneath them, and laid a 4mm armoured cable from the base of the street light into his gaff and replaced the pavers. He already had his lights, heaters and extractors connected up in his massive loft and the next day, he donned a high-viz vest, put out some cones and warning tape around the lamppost, unlocked the panel on the base with his triangular gas meter-box key, swapped the 6amp mcb for a 32amp and terminated the cable from the tap-off in the base. All this while the feed was live. He replaced the base cover then collected up the warning cones and tape. He got away with it for a of couple years, no one noticed, not even when the local council turned up a couple of times to change the photo-cell and lamp. From that he grew a very agreeable ganja, it was a measly £80 an ounce in those days, a bit seedy and twiggy but a nice high just the same. He got caught in the end because his pissed-up neighbour reversed his Landy into the post giving it a 30degree tilt. Did 18 months in Brixton for his trouble. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, quilp said:

I knew a bloke, lived in Malta Road in London. There was a street light right outside his front door, about 6 or 7 feet away. He went out in the dead of night, lifted the 3 paving slabs on the pavement, hastily scoured-out a 2x2 inch trough underneath them, and laid a 4mm armoured cable from the base of the street light into his gaff and replaced the pavers. He already had his lights, heaters and extractors connected up in his massive loft and the next day, he donned a high-viz vest, put out some cones and warning tape around the lamppost, unlocked the panel on the base with his triangular gas meter-box key, swapped the 6amp mcb for a 32amp and terminated the cable from the tap-off in the base. All this while the feed was live. He replaced the base cover then collected up the warning cones and tape. He got away with it for a of couple years, no one noticed, not even when the local council turned up a couple of times to change the photo-cell and lamp. From that he grew a very agreeable ganja, it was a measly £80 an ounce in those days, a bit seedy and twiggy but a nice high just the same. He got caught in the end because his pissed-up neighbour reversed his Landy into the post giving it a 30degree tilt. Did 18 months in Brixton for his trouble. 

i hope you learned your lesson.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

• 2 months later...

Dragging up an old thread, but, has anyone e else noticed how much weed is getting g smoked lately? Where are they getting it from?

Walk around Douglas or Peel and it is wafting out of windows and back yards.  Go for a walk or a bike ride and a couple of times everytime I am out I am either passed by or follow a vehicle with the distinctive smell wafting from the windows.

Surely the police smell this as well, so do we assume they are actually turning a blind eye and only use it as a reason to put people in court when they cant pin them down for something else?

I am pro legalisation BTW although I don't use it myself.