Cannabis - Time for a re-think?

Neil Down

Johnny G - "you're overloading me" Good. Take it easy and work through all the information. Ponder on it and do your own research.

Medicinal cannabis in the UK is in my opinion a scam. A massive, odious, money grab for a natural medicine.

Mrs Mays husband is the largest investor in GW Pharmaceticals. Mrs Atkins husband (the former drugs tzar) is British Sugar, which grows allegedly 95 tons of the stuff in the UK. The UK is the biggest exporter of medical cannabis in the world.

Sativex sells for about £800 per month.

Epilodex is priced at about £3,200 per month.

Marinol, synthetic THC, which the US government originally patented, costs about £1,000 and is probably on the doctors lists.

There is a recent UK London listing for a company which has started growing medical cannabis in the UK.

All the above when you put it together is in my opinion hypocritical and reeks of unpleasantness (guarding my words).

In due time the Mediterranean countries will be the key providers of cannabis. Cheap to grow in sunny countries.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Johnny F said:

Jesus Philwebs, try and keep your pots a bit shorter will you, I came on here for a quick read to suss out the general feeling towards cannabis and you're overloading me. 

Hey man, I'm with you there. I'm a bit ripped here myself and go for the one line posts and those with pictures.

• 2 months later...

This thread has been neglected.

Today for your delectation watch this video. You must watch the initial introduction, very hard to view, and then continue past 44 seconds for the transformation.

This is very much along the same lines as the parkinsons ones, just as dramatic. (search videos cannabis parkinsons).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cjB2Y44zF0

I have not heard any developments recently. I doubt if anything will happen until the politicians are told to do something by their controllers.

1 hour ago, 2bees said:

My mate gets really decent skunk off his doctor, not savitex, actual weed. One law for some and another for others, /shakes head in utter whateverness.

On the island? Does this doctor moonlight as a dealer? Can I have his number? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 2bees said:

My mate gets really decent skunk off his doctor, not savitex, actual weed. One law for some and another for others, /shakes head in utter whateverness.

I know someone else over here who gets the same decent weed on prescription. Had to jump through some hoops for his medical condition and also uses this initiative https://cancard.co.uk/

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
12 hours ago, Ramseyboi said:

As the rest of the world moves forward, we remain in the dark ages with some of the most severe punishments for having a bit of weed in the civilised world.

https://bbc.in/32sf7w8?fbclid=IwAR0r27Fc0_SvVD-BhGM40bEoxSqrbbRQJJaGo9wnlWzCrctYl_YCAZxjqB0

Without the archaic law, the police conviction stats would show a truer picture

Jersey in the lead.....

https://jerseyeveningpost.com/news/2021/10/25/legalising-cannabis-in-islands-interest/

https://jerseyeveningpost.com/news/2021/11/14/channel-islands-leading-europe-on-medical-cannabis/

Not far behind is Germany, Luxembourg, with Spain, Holland, Portugal just about there. Morocco and Greece have advanced.

Amusing if it were not so tragic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, philwebs said:

Not far behind is Germany, Luxembourg, with Spain, Holland, Portugal just about there. Morocco and Greece have advanced.

Amusing if it were not so tragic.

Just seen Zee Germans are now legalising for sale in licenced shops.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Max Power said:

And what is even sadder?  The fact that in 2021 otherwise relatively intelligent people still believe it should be banned and in fact over here we send people to prison for selling it.

At least we can see the rest of the world making progress.  Shame we are missing another opportunity to show we can be a bit forward thinking rather than falling behind like we did with corporeal punishment, homosexuality, civil relationships, abortion......

What is even more nuts is that in areas where you could actually make a valid argument for the rest of the world being right and our law being outdated and actually dangerous, we are pretty much out on our own - speed limits.

This island is so backward sometimes it is embarrassing when we should be leading the way.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

With the current UK Government thinking, I reckon it will be a while before any relaxation on illegal drugs is going to happen:

Middle-class drug users could lose UK passports under Boris Johnson’s plans

End of ‘slaps on the wrist’ for middle-class drug users

Edited by Barlow