Cannabis - Time for a re-think?

Neil Down

1 hour ago, Passing Time said:

Not so cool then

Ever thus? 

Certainly the vast majority of the cool kids when I was at school are now Wayne & Waynetta.

Revenge of the nerds.  It's them that have all the money and power now. 

Hopefully it's one of the few pearls of wisdom that I'll be able to pass onto my kids. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Roxanne said:

Was he Welsh? 

5 hours ago, The Phantom said:

Good job he's not Welsh... 

Off topic, but for clarification.

I have no problem with Wales or Welsh as such. That would be ridiculous. Obviously.

But something stinks about the Welsh speaking - and other such language - nazis. For that is what they are.

So the UK Government give Wales a slice of the work and base the DVLC and NI and/or whatever else in Wales. All well and good and it gives the Taffies a share of employment. Good. The next thing they are demanding - and getting -  a separate line for Welsh speakers who get a service infinitely better. And yes it is infinite when the bog standard line does not pick up at all and is voice recorder hell, and the Welsh speaking line is picked up immediately. And just because the offices are based in Wales.  And it is clear discrimination against the English speakers in UK. But PC and woke don't care because they are so right on up their own virtue signalling arses.

Thin end of the wedge, maybe ALL UK Government telephone lines should adopt the same policy. 

There, just thought I'd clarify that.

Edited by Barlow

1 hour ago, The Phantom said:

Ever thus? 

Certainly the vast majority of the cool kids when I was at school are now Wayne & Waynetta.

Revenge of the nerds.  It's them that have all the money and power now. 

Hopefully it's one of the few pearls of wisdom that I'll be able to pass onto my kids. 

Yep.  Most of the girls we used to pine after in our teens are now looking about 20 years older than the rest of us and ……….

You know what, I won’t even bother typing that for fear of backlash but the plane Jane’s are the ones who are now attractive, well educated and living successful lives.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ramseyboi said:

Yep.  Most of the girls we used to pine after in our teens are now looking about 20 years older than the rest of us and ……….

You know what, I won’t even bother typing that for fear of backlash but the plane Jane’s are the ones who are now attractive, well educated and living successful lives.

Fo sho

5 hours ago, The Phantom said:

Yup, mid to late 90s one of cool kids we used to hang out with somehow managed to get himself into Smack and effectively wrote his future off whilst still a teenager. 

If only he'd stayed on cannabis, he could have himself a really good job and life by now. Take a spliff before work, as one does, and life is just super.

Edited by Barlow

3 hours ago, Ramseyboi said:

Which brings us back to Jordan 🤣

1 hour ago, Barlow said:

If only he'd stayed on cannabis, he could have himself a really good job and life by now. Take a spliff before work, as one does, and life is just super.

I sense sarcasm but you must know that a lot of people do this every day?

Not me, it does nothing for me but loads do and it is a total non issue.

2 hours ago, Ramseyboi said:

I sense sarcasm but you must know that a lot of people do this every day?

Not me, it does nothing for me but loads do and it is a total non issue.

I am aware of that. As outlined previously, I can't work with them, but each to their own. I suppose it deoends on the job.

If a person is in a job or indeed a life where they feel they have to have a joint to start the day, then they is in the wrong job/life.

3 hours ago, NoTail said:

Just for the record I'm Welsh 

Do you believe that non-Welsh speakers deserve to be discriminated against, even if they are not in Wales.