Cannabis - Time for a re-think?

Neil Down

11 minutes ago, Barlow said:

I am aware of that. As outlined previously, I can't work with them, but each to their own. I suppose it deoends on the job.

If a person is in a job or indeed a life where they feel they have to have a joint to start the day, then they is in the wrong job/life.

Why?

10 hours ago, Ramseyboi said:

Why?

Needing to take a mind altering/adjusting (or whatever) substance before they can face the day/life/job.

That is just sad, real sad.

There's no wonder these people want it legalising.

Edited by Barlow

2 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Needing to take a mind altering/adjusting (or whatever) substance before they can face the day/life/job.

That is just sad, real sad.

There's no wonder these people want it legalising.

Do you start your day with tea or coffee? 

12 minutes ago, Zarley said:

Do you start your day with tea or coffee? 

And a couple nips of whisky. 

But your point is made. Some people think a cannabis joint is no different to a cup of tea or coffee.

19 minutes ago, Barlow said:

This is true, but amounts to a tiny minority of users. It's worth remembering that the vast majority of cannabis users do so without such dependency. Pointing to the difference between a user and an abuser.

2 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Some people think a cannabis joint is no different to a cup of tea or coffee.

Off the wall...

CNN Weed 6 Marijuana and Autism

A very poor copy, ads and all, of No 6 in the Weed series. (Cannot find a better copy)

https://vimeo.com/658427944

Synopsis - Cannabis with THC is effective in treating the worst effects of severe autism very quickly.

WARNING - This is very hard to watch due to the subject matter. It shows in sharp focus what a severe autistic child does. It also shows the result of using full spectrum cannabis, with THC.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

BMJ Paediatrics

Medical cannabis for severe treatment resistant epilepsy in children: a case-series of 10 patients

https://bmjpaedsopen.bmj.com/content/5/1/e001234

Objectives To report the findings of a case-series of 10 children suffering with intractable epilepsies in the UK to determine the feasibility for using whole-plant cannabis medicines to treat seizures in children.

Results Seizure frequency across all 10 participants reduced by 86% with no significant adverse events. Participants reduced use of antiepileptic drugs from an average of seven to one following treatment with medical cannabis. We also noted significant financial costs of £874 per month to obtain these medicines through private prescriptions.

Note - "Whole Plant" means they need 5 mg of THC. This is the illegal component which the masters of "our" politicians will not sanction.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, TomTucker said:

Consultation on a science and research centre for growing medical cannabis at Cooil Road:

https://peelnreconsultation.co.im/

Interesting.  From a vaguely reputable applicant as well.  Good luck to them.

Also, if anyone is curious the licensing regime (ten different ones) if you want the full shebang (grow, research, export) will cost you £65K in fees to the Govt.  

13 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

So I wonder how much of the GMT's money is going into this infrastructure then?

Hopefully none I would have thought. 

Peel Group have also got history in the renewable energy market too.  Power for this would be key as they will be grown under lights and it seems they are proposing solar, plus right next to the incinerator. 

The Govt plans to earn money from this, hence the £65K license fee.  That's before any of the tax they'd likely get. 

Frankly Govt should stand aside and let Peel Group get on with it an keep any meddling to a minimum.  Although I think we all know what will happen. 

I'm still very skeptical of the general IOM Cannabis plan however. 

How/who will they export to? 

The UK will probably replicate any tax breaks offered here if they deem it to be commercially viable. 

And the irony is not wasted upon me that the GMP are busted for growing a few plants for personal when the Govt are actively backing this is and the fact it is all for export.

Edited by The Phantom
  • Like 1