Cannabis - Time for a re-think?

Neil Down

16 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

Nasty drug dealers only deal drugs because drugs are illegal and therefore extremely profitable to the criminal minded. To link the 2 together in any other way is a bit barmy

Actually it's spot on.

And for the record I am not a proponent of alcohol.

9 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Actually it's spot on.

And for the record I am not a proponent of alcohol.

It's not spot on. The existence of illegal drug dealers is not an argument against legalising cannabis.

As for "It's illegal for a reason" - sure. Many alcohol producers with big budgets lobby endlessly to keep it illegal. It's also legal for a reason in many places. That reason being that it doesn't do much harm (particularly compared to alcohol and prescription drugs).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

What, you think most of the skanks who smoke weed are going to pay twice the price in the Spar?

Suddenly crime and drug dealers are going to go quiet?

what a stupid comment (to be expected really) you'd be surprised (or not) at just who uses cannabis - Athol Street anyone?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barlow said:

The stuff is, or rather can be, a severe head fuck. Possibly long term, who knows. It's illegal for a reason.

I look at the people who smoke cannabis. They're ok I s'pose but not one of them would I hold up with any respect.

And behind every little drug dealer, there's a nasty big drug dealer dealing nastier bigger drugs. Reading today's paper it's good to see the police are bringing in some bigger drug dealers. Keep it up guys.

Three questions:

1. Has anybody died because of alcohol

2. Has tobacco caused any deaths

3. How many deaths have been attributed to cannabis

• Thanks 1

I think much of the debate stems from the heavy handed draconian and ridiculous sentences at huge cost to the tax payer for people with a couple of spliffs worth or £1.48 worth of bush  - Personally I would legalise but limit the amount (by weight) one person can have at anytime

If not legalised again inform the public of the amount you can have without getting hassled or fear of retribution by Roberts and the Bastard Squad

Frees up Police and Court time and reduces costs significantly 

• Like 2

I don't give a monkeys one way or another about legalising cannabis,

But only for local people, as you would not want the island to become a gateway.

The people who it would attact to the island are not the kind of people you would want here.

Spain is the best example of this.

In Canada it has not stopped the dealers,as they sell it cheaper.

All it has done has made it harder to catch them.

1 minute ago, Holte End said:

In Canada it has not stopped the dealers,as they sell it cheaper.

Capitalism is a force for good in the long run.

2 minutes ago, Holte End said:

All it has done has made it harder to catch them.

Why would you want to?

20 minutes ago, pongo said:

What's a good way of taking it these days though?

I heard from a friend or something that eating it can be super trippy, whatever that means (I've no idea). And any kind of smoking is clearly dumb. So what's the answer? Suppositories?

Interesting that your first resort was suppositories.

Vaporiser or e-cig is probably the 'cleanest' way. Smoking is still most common though.

Just now, HeliX said:

Interesting that your first resort was suppositories.

Yes and I'm not even French. Even asprins over there.

1 minute ago, HeliX said:

Vaporiser or e-cig is probably the 'cleanest' way. Smoking is still most common though.

Breathing vapourised oils and particles into our lungs is clearly stupid. Vaping is still stupid.

2 minutes ago, pongo said:

Yes and I'm not even French. Even asprins over there.

Breathing vapourised oils and particles into our lungs is clearly stupid. Vaping is still stupid.

Sure, but the air outside is full of vapourised oils and particles too. At least these ones make you feel better.