Cannabis - Time for a re-think?

Neil Down

1 minute ago, quilp said:

CC Gary Roberts weighs-in on the cannabis issue. Does our constabulary lose credibility enforcing the law on possession given the ubiquity of cannabis on the Island?

https://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/enforcing-cannabis-laws-threatens-police-legitimacy/

Surely doesn't he make the call on whether they pursue it, or turn a blind eye?  

Yes, the Isle of Man is seen by many as an Island of petrol heads.

There are some that would have the Isle of Man seen as an Island of pot heads too.

33 minutes ago, Barlow said:

There are some that would have the Isle of Man seen as an Island of pot heads too.

😄 I think you've made this up, to be honest...

What is it about cannabis that you dislike? Seen a few people have their first spliff and lose it; whitey, puking, disorientated, completely off their heads. Never to dabble ever again. Is this you?

Truth is, cannabis is not for everyone but it must be re-iterated that the majority of users do so, recreationally and medically, without any problem. Obviously the dangers of smoking anything are apparent.

6 hours ago, Youaintseenme said:

Interesting analogy.

It's a ridiculous analogy.

You would need to be well stoned and 'enlightened' to even consider it an interesting analogy.

Just now, Barlow said:

You would need to be well stoned and 'enlightened' to even consider it an interesting analogy.

See, once again you're letting your unenlightened preconceptions about all cannabis users cloud your judgement.

Though I'd agree it was a bollocks analogy... 

• Haha 2

On 3/11/2022 at 11:16 AM, quilp said:
On 3/11/2022 at 11:10 AM, Barlow said:

It's a ridiculous analogy.

See, once again you're letting your unenlightened preconceptions about all cannabis users cloud your judgement.

Though I'd agree it was a bollocks analogy... 

Perhaps you need to smoke a bit more?
On a not totally unrelated point, the use and accessibility of cannabis has greatly increased since I were a lad. I do wonder why so many young folk smoke cigarettes though. I mean jeez, if ever there was a bum weed, then tobacco is it.

Cigarette addiction virtually guarantees a later life of a prematurely greying, wizened, wrinkled hacking nicotine-stained mess.

Edited by Barlow

• 2 weeks later...

Should we enforce cannabis laws? From Isle of Man Newspapers.

Well actually yes, we should. Until such time as the law is changed then it is the law.

It looks like the local pot heads have got to Gary. I'm not convinced that "most of the people accept that cannabis is OK to use".

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1