MER sign coming down

Amadeus

31 minutes ago, slinkydevil said:

My clipart fees alone run into the millions. Don't write it off yet, I'm even happy for my lads to put the sign in upside down first before coming back to rectify it at no cost to the taxpayers.

Piss-poor proposal in my view Slinky. You've failed to include the lamp-post obscuring the pony, haven't added reference to the legal costs to be incurred when it's discovered that your installation breaches three separate covenants, and most importantly of all, you've neglected to identify that it will read 'Mnax Electruc Rilaway'.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

• 1 year later...
27 minutes ago, Len Trench said:

Took this photo today - is the sign going back up?

1364837435_MER30_10.jpg

They have been working there with the crane on and off for several weeks. 

I believe it is going to be a Manx  DOI version of  Mount Rushmore  with Longworth, Robinson and Black featured looking down forever on the promenade.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

On 10/21/2020 at 11:02 AM, Non-Believer said:

Exposed to the weather and blown salt environment up there it's a wonder it's lasted as long as it has? 

And just how  do you think all the non galvanise street furniture , drain covers and signage is going to last on the promenade , when you get someone else to do your design work who does not understand the ravages of living in a marine and exposed environment  this is what happens ,  

I walk the prom regularly and the railings  are rusting away , the prom is a cheap jack job as far as materials go , the quality of the workmanship  is another matter , has anybody seen the snagging list yet?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Omobono said:

And just how  do you think all the non galvanise street furniture , drain covers and signage is going to last on the promenade , when you get someone else to do your design work who does not understand the ravages of living in a marine and exposed environment  this is what happens ,  

I walk the prom regularly and the railings  are rusting away , the prom is a cheap jack job as far as materials go , the quality of the workmanship  is another matter , has anybody seen the snagging list yet?

shitter1.jpg

1 hour ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

I believe it is going to be a Manx  DOI version of  Mount Rushmore  with Longworth, Robinson and Black featured looking down forever on the promenade.

Looking down forever on the taxpayers may be more applicable? In what the 3 of them have been paid; in what they've spent; in what they'll receive in superannuation.

Eye-watering. And now it's been publicly stated that they're part of an outfit that's unfit for purpose. I wonder how many taxpayers would like to see a refund?

Edited by Non-Believer
extra bit
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Looking down forever on the taxpayers may be more applicable? In what the 3 of them have been paid; in what they've spent; in what they'll receive in superannuation.

Eye-watering. And now it's been publicly stated that they're part of an outfit that's unfit for purpose. I wonder how many taxpayers would like to see a refund?

Pay peanuts, get monkeys

1 hour ago, Max Power said:

There is a new design, planning has been granted...

SH-11.jpg

You must be crazy to want to live in a place which you consider to be a "shithole".

We have one life. You could be living anywhere on this planet. Why live here if you believe it to be a "shithole"?

Edited by pongo