Spat between Chief Minister and Dr Glover

Manx Bean

6 hours ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Howard won't be shovelling shit in those two-tone leather brogues.

This kind of reminds me of a Western film, with Jack Elam I think. He was a shit shoveller or something like that and became the Sheriff or Deputy Sheriff

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Absolutely, her knowledge and input were valuable and appreciated, she was thanked publicly many times, when it added to decisions.   This does not mean she has to or should expect to be consulted on every decision made.   When it was decided to go back to the straight 14 day isolation mode it was the situation across that drove this forward it was not necessary to ask her regarding the infection side of things it was an outside influence.   Before I am accused of being sexist, which I am not, I do not value anyone with inflated egos be they man,woman or child.

Her issue was the depletion in data that resulted. 

We now don’t know what we don’t know.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Lxxx said:

And to be fair scientific advice shouldn't necessarily be the only nor most important advice either. It needs to be weighed up against a whole host of other factors which may be more important to the wellbeing of the island in general.

Well, the thing is, scientific advice and thorough testing may have kept the 7 day testing, but Howie likes the political image of his 'foh-teen day gold standard'.

Positive cases are bad for votes in his eyes, even if they're isolated. That's the crux of RG's issues with the current approach. We can't know what we don't look for.

The wellbeing of the island at present seems to be hinged on shutting the doors and burying head in the sand til the big bad virus goes away.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

Well, the thing is, scientific advice and thorough testing may have kept the 7 day testing, but Howie likes the political image of his 'foh-teen day gold standard'.

Positive cases are bad for votes in his eyes, even if they're isolated. That's the crux of RG's issues with the current approach. We can't know what we don't look for.

The wellbeing of the island at present seems to be hinged on shutting the doors and burying head in the sand til the big bad virus goes away.

Why would he care about votes?

1 hour ago, hissingsid said:

Absolutely, her knowledge and input were valuable and appreciated, she was thanked publicly many times, when it added to decisions.   This does not mean she has to or should expect to be consulted on every decision made.   When it was decided to go back to the straight 14 day isolation mode it was the situation across that drove this forward it was not necessary to ask her regarding the infection side of things it was an outside influence.   Before I am accused of being sexist, which I am not, I do not value anyone with inflated egos be they man,woman or child.

Inflated ego? The irony

• Like 3
  • Haha 1