Spat between Chief Minister and Dr Glover

Manx Bean

43 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

It is getting quite hard to keep up 

It is.

1. If you were watching the broadcast you will have missed about half a minute of the letter because there was a cut in the sound transmission

2. There are two main areas of silence. One of which, incidentally, was not on the recording made by Paul Moulton at Isle of Man TV.

3. These two areas of silence on the Government broadcast are replicated in the Freedom of Information transcript of the reading out of the letter. viz [inaudible]

4. The FOI reply linked to the Youtube. This was of little help to the person making the FOI request because clearly they already had the link, and in any case they were asking for sight of the letter and they had already transcribed the first part of the letter in their FOI request.

5. The inaudible sections may or may not be relevant to the FoI request

6. The letter was not personal correspondence as it was directed to "Dear Minister" and was sent by a staff member of the department

7. The letter was destroyed (shredded) by the Minister

8 The matter would appear to be approaching social media  'gate' status.

Edited by Barlow
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Barlow said:

8 The matter would appear to be approaching social media  'gate' status.

I think so, and in parallel to #lettergate investigation we should have a  #shreddergate investigation. Two great stories for the press which could run along side syndicated for print version of @rachomics now public Tynwald testing talk.

6 hours ago, the stinking enigma said:

It is getting quite hard to keep up 

maybe a blue Pfizer product would help? Or perhaps it's your unfeasibly large testicles getting in the way, Buster :)

Edited by b4mbi

1 hour ago, Kopek said:

I dont think that Stinky is Buster tho, you never be sure on here!!!

Stinky is, however, Buster Gonad, as others have just beaten me to identifying!,

Credit where it is due, and to be fair, the Isle of Man is one of the few countries in the world where election fraud has actually been proven, whereas most places it seems to go on but the authorities just pretend it didn't  happen.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BenFairfax said:

I think so, and in parallel to #lettergate investigation we should have a  #shreddergate investigation. Two great stories for the press which could run along side syndicated for print version of @rachomics now public Tynwald testing talk.

There are interesting parallels too with the Ramsey Group Practice statements published in the paper recently.

On RGP complaints the Facebook statement says:

“As you can appreciate this has been upsetting for us all.”

So much so that some of our long serving team members were going to resign.”

“Although these patients are in the minority the incidents are increasing”

”We are all the same staff that were your heroes a few months ago, being praised and thanked for keeping you all safe but now sadly we seem to be on the end of some very nasty comments which have been directed at us all.”

On Dr Glover letter snapshots include:

”Highly insulting”

”Social media comments, why do I bother?”

”Think about the demoralizing effect ill informed comments can have on those who have worked day in day out to keep everyone safe”

”A kick in the teeth”

Anyone starting to think the phantom letter writer has been very very busy recently? 

Added link to sound clip: https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/ashfords-anonymous-letter-destroyed-after-briefing/

Edited by All Right

On 11/22/2020 at 5:55 PM, rachomics said:

This was my concern. Right now, there is no way to know whether he was reading from a blank piece of paper or not. 

Rachael Glover. Was it you who submitted the FOI?   Why are you bothered.  Do you think it beyond realm of possibilities that someone you worked with may be fed up of your opinion and receive negativity and demoralised in the work place.  If I had written to the Minister I would be made up that he binned my letter before rats started running up the drainpipe looking for something to munch on, or someone!! 

• Like 1