Spat between Chief Minister and Dr Glover

Manx Bean

41 minutes ago, rachomics said:

Should I screenshot the WhatsApp messages? Perhaps the emails? I've asked (repeatedly) for the path lab to "officially" refute the letter publicly by press release. Unfortunately, they're bound by the rules that would get them sacked by speaking out. I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Have you anything to lose?

Do it, you may test a few professional friendships but those in the know will know why you did it. And of course, you could redact the identities. You have to bear in mind, some people up there have more faces than the Koh-i-noor. 

46 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Well, she would say that if she was desperate to keep the job.   But she had already resigned, so draw your own conclusions.

As I recall, you were quite disparaging, and yes, you should refer to her as Dr Glover until she invites you to do otherwise. 

Don't assume anything.  I do not know if the letter was genuine or not, but the odour around it is not very reassuring.  It probably did exist, but who sent it and what their relationship with Dr Glover is we will never know.  It could have been sent by someone in the lab, even the head of the lab, or it could have been sent by a porter in RCH.  We will never know.

46 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Well, she would say that if she was desperate to keep the job.   But she had already resigned, so draw your own conclusions.

As I recall, you were quite disparaging, and yes, you should refer to her as Dr Glover until she invites you to do otherwise. 

Don't assume anything.  I do not know if the letter was genuine or not, but the odour around it is not very reassuring.  It probably did exist, but who sent it and what their relationship with Dr Glover is we will never know.  It could have been sent by someone in the lab, even the head of the lab, or it could have been sent by a porter in RCH.  We will never know.

Resigned or not  you would still want to protect your reputation. 

I didn’t assume anything that’s why I phrased it as a question. Thank you for your helpful answer.

God help us if everyone on here who is disparaged has a hissy fit. I will continue to address her as Dr Glover without waiting for an invitation to do otherwise . If an invitation comes it comes.

I know I’m thick, but, I don’t understand people on here suggesting that HQ is bright enough to be controlling DAMBE like a monkey on a stick. He’s not. With every apology to his trade, he’s as thick as pig shit.

Not that Ashie isn’t thick enough to be manipulated like that. Actually he’s so thick that no one in their right minds would try to do that. Bound to end in disaster.

Wait....

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Kipper99 said:

I know I’m thick, but, I don’t understand people on here suggesting that HQ is bright enough to be controlling DAMBE like a monkey on a stick. He’s not. With every apology to his trade, he’s as thick as pig shit.

Not that Ashie isn’t thick enough to be manipulated like that. Actually he’s so thick that no one in their right minds would try to do that. Bound to end in disaster.

Wait....

I am no fan of HQ,( although I do respect that he tries hard), but I still respect David Ashford. Some people are so genuine they are easily manipulated. Honest , decent people try their best to help, yet are used as tools by a few faceless wankers who will never have their identities disclosed.  Keep your chin up David, you are still ok in my view.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1