Spat between Chief Minister and Dr Glover

Manx Bean

3 hours ago, Max Power said:

I'm not doubting you at all Derek, some things though, are beyond coincidence. I can't explain it but maybe with the other things, the coincidence of police stopping you a couple of times makes it appear malicious?

If the police are stopping you on a few occasions maybe you should look at getting some driving lessons.

• Haha 1

There is nothing naive about what I am saying here. Constables do the legwork. I don’t dispute that from time to time, individual officers may get a picking into someone, and give them more attention than might be due. But to suggest things like ANPR being loaded up with markers that aren’t legitimately provenanced is naive in the extreme. To suggest an individual who was making a pain in the arse of themselves to the establishment would be getting special Constabulary attention is beyond the pale.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thommo2010 said:

If the police are stopping you on a few occasions maybe you should look at getting some driving lessons.

Or putting some clothes on.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

There is nothing naive about what I am saying here. Constables do the legwork. I don’t dispute that from time to time, individual officers may get a picking into someone, and give them more attention than might be due. But to suggest things like ANPR being loaded up with markers that aren’t legitimately provenanced is naive in the extreme. To suggest an individual who was making a pain in the arse of themselves to the establishment would be getting special Constabulary attention is beyond the pale.

Derek, your third sentance is worrying tbh. That some officers get a pick into someone. That is wrong on every level.

9 hours ago, dilligaf said:

Derek, your third sentance is worrying tbh. That some officers get a pick into someone. That is wrong on every level.

Yes, but it happens. I’m being realistic. And when it gets brought to supervisory attention, it gets dealt with.

Cops, as an entity are not perfect. In every organisation you have people that will sway from the values set. Trick is to bring them back in line, or if they won’t comply, ensure they are removed.

• Like 4

There doesn't seem anything further to discuss on the Dr Glover topic, unfortunately.

It was severely wrong what has happened, Ashford has cocked it up, we are the poorer for not having her services, and this is a waste of talent and skill at the worst possible time.

Ashford shot himself, and us, in the foot. That will be held against him for a long time.

Unless and until Dr Glover resumes her role and work with / for the DHSC on the island then the situation is in limbo. The best thing the DHSC can do is at least listen to her advice on Twi or FB and 'pretend' not to be listening, and then do as she recommends.

Edited by Apple
typo correction
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

35 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Hasn't Dr Glover already offered to do that? At least that's what she has said, IIRC from a posting somewhere.

I'm not so sure. Yes has offered to assist but don't recall her saying she would not look for credit for doing so. This is about personal relationships & it's rarely the fault of a single party. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, momo65 said:

I'm not so sure. Yes has offered to assist but don't recall her saying she would not look for credit for doing so. This is about personal relationships & it's rarely the fault of a single party. 

my moneys of the fat arrogant cunt being at fault.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1