Spat between Chief Minister and Dr Glover

Manx Bean

Just now, Max Power said:

I'm a firm believer in the best man for the job, but not sure what's gone wrong here, the time lost talking about the price of fish, babies and 'those lazy bloody men' will be immense! 

**Disclaimer**

I'm joking!

You missed cup cakes and oil of evening primrose.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Women are right bitches with each other in the workplace. Even more so at higher levels where they’re fighting to be mother hen. I can only imagine what it’s like in that structure chart. There’ll be plenty of clucking going on. 

Edited by Terminal
  • Haha 1

It interesting that it's the most vehement defenders of the Manx government who seem most disconcerted by the all-female lineup on that chart[1] - even though it's in a sector where there have traditionally been a high number of woman managers (eg matrons). 

Somehow you can't help feeling that an all-male line-up would have agitated them less.

[1]  It's also got to be pointed out that Paula Primrose is actually a member of Treasury not DHSC, Clair Conie is part of the Office of Human Resources in the Cabinet Office and (as the chart says) Henrietta Ewart and her Department are now also in the CO. So it's six out of six, not nine out of nine.

36 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

It interesting that it's the most vehement defenders of the Manx government who seem most disconcerted by the all-female lineup on that chart[1] - even though it's in a sector where there have traditionally been a high number of woman managers (eg matrons). 

Not in my case I'm afraid, and not in the case of CEO's over the years. the all female line up seems to have come in more with DA. Don't know why.

1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

It's all about whom you appoint and who's in charge. 

Exactly, and some of that is about who knows who I guess. So many have come and gone that some that staff don't know who is who sometimes. Confusion and disorientation resulted. That has had a detrimental effect. 

I think DA has played a good game though in letting others do some of the heavy lifting. 

It's time the health services came back under the ownership of the people who fund it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

It's also got to be pointed out that Paula Primrose...

As Gladys has so recently pointed out that’s actually Paula Oil of Evening...

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

As soon as the organogram (a word I'd never heard before and that I already hate) went up it was just a matter of time. If hissingsid was around it would probably have been him, but it's not a surprise that the fuckwit said it. 

It's actually basic stuff really.

If you put up a chart like thay of any organisation these days and it was exclusively men there would be comments made to that effect.  And there may well be a point in those comments too.

I'm not into the mindset that everything needs to be half and half.  But the structure there being purely women isn't a good thing.

We all miss Sid.:lol: