Spat between Chief Minister and Dr Glover

Manx Bean

56 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Like I said way, way back IOMG missed a golden opportunity to show case what IOM can do (you know..... "Where You Can") by allowing this to get as far as it did, instead of thinking of the bigger picture. They have now all but written off the Biomed sector by burying their heads in their respective silo sand.

This could (should?) have been nipped in the bud at the first signs of trouble. It says much then about the ability to think strategically by some of our leaders / politicians.

Did they take their eyes off the bigger ball due to inexperience or defensiveness, or both ?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, piebaps said:

I'm not so sure of that. He made the fundamental mistake of aligning himself with LibVan. The political equivalent of being handcuffed to a frog.

He made the fundamental mistake of being a self obsessed prick. 

I note he's now jumped on the flag shagger propaganda track. What an asshole.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I note he's now jumped on the flag shagger propaganda track. 

Ok, I know I may regret this , but what is that please. ?

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Its the current trend by untrustworthy people to only appear on camera in the presence of their nations flag, to prove to you their authenticity and patriotism.

Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

If Samuel Johnson was around today I'm sure he would say the same about Nicola Sturgeon. 

Bizarre choice of politician. She may be a scoundrel (but seems quite competent and to be trying to do the right thing to me) but patriotism is hardly her refuge it's her core belief.

2 minutes ago, Declan said:

Bizarre choice of politician. She may be a scoundrel (but seems quite competent and to be trying to do the right thing to me) but patriotism is hardly her refuge it's her core belief.

Not really that bizarre. Samuel Johnson had a real hatred for the Scots. And her core belief is at the expense of good government. Her record on education and health is appalling. even the weegies are getting pissed off with her.

50 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

If Samuel Johnson was around today I'm sure he would say the same about Nicola Sturgeon. 

More likely he'd be saying it about the UK government and media, whose flag-shagging is now reaching ridiculous proportions.  Presumably because they have nothing more substantial to offer to those who aren't the recipients of their dodgy contacts.  The remark was clearly aimed at their equivalents (such as Burke) in the 1770s.

Edited by Roger Mexico
Link added
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Manx17 said:

What does RG want ? 
she is a business woman , what contract did she sign before helping to setup a testing centre ? Did she not get paid for the work she did ? She seems so angry . 

The obvious thing to do is to listen to her own testimony to the Public Accounts Committee.  It's quite long (about 3 hours) but you'll  learn a lot.

https://www.tynwald.org.im/business/listen/AgainFiles/pac210401a.mp3

Edited by Roger Mexico
  • Like 4