Spat between Chief Minister and Dr Glover

Manx Bean

36 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I can’t listen. I just can’t. 

When it happened, within twelve hours he’d ‘perfected’ his story to make it sound almost plausible even though everyone knew it was bollocks.

Make no mistake, this is a very skilled man at his craft (which is rising to the top in any way possible), regardless of who gets battered along the way  

Yesterday, or the day before, we listened as he gave evidence to the PAC. Evidence that was untrue, on many levels, and one particular level potentially dangerous.  for a Minister, who’s job is to oversee, not to play to the gallery and pretend he has enough knowledge and comprehension to espouse on virus testing at a molecular level and got it spectacularly, dangerously wrong.

But he did sound as though he knew what he was talking about.

So plausible, so reassuring, so calm, so knowledgable, so affable  

Beware the wolf in sheep’s clothing  

I believe it’s becoming increasingly clear that Ashford is dangerous. 

• Like 2

I just can’t even begin to say how many kinds of wrong the whole letter debacle was. That was the point at which Ashford lost my last shred of respect. Utter liar. And worshipped by too many. No matter what good he may have accidentally blundered into doing previously, he pissed it all away with shredgate. GDPR? Great Dangly Pile of Rubbish. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Itsmeee said:

I just can’t even begin to say how many kinds of wrong the whole letter debacle was. That was the point at which Ashford lost my last shred of respect. Utter liar. And worshipped by too many. No matter what good he may have accidentally blundered into doing previously, he pissed it all away with shredgate. GDPR? Great Dangly Pile of Rubbish. 

Me too. And yet there is not one glimmer of regret at what was a patent lack of judgement.  That in itself is concerning.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Me too. And yet there is not one glimmer of regret at what was a patent lack of judgement.  That in itself is concerning.

Why be regretful when you’re never wrong?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gladys said:

I have been saying this for so long, he always sounds plausible, well briefed and convincing, even when the words are clap trap.  That is a dangerous skill. 

He's a dangerous man on a number of levels. But mostly a danger to himself as he believes that every word he utters is true, unequivocally so.

• Like 9

Manx Radio report: 'We were never going to get it 100 per cent right' - Health Minister

Another phrase we will be hearing in respect of, well, anything really.

At least he had the grace to end the clip with "lessons will be learned"

• Haha 1

On balance they did a good the government.   Some of it was luck but the conditions they created meant that luck was on their side.   

There were things they could have done differently and I genuinely believe that once Howard has gone, because he is a pompous arse, lessons will be learnt from this.  

HQ is unwilling to say he was wrong about anything which is part of the problem.   We’ve done better than many other jurisdictions.

It’s a shame a sideshow about letters, a private company who mayor may not be mainly publicising themselves and the steam packet are overshadowing this.    

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Fluffy123 said:

Just saw on Gef - apparently Ashey confirmed Glover has been appointed to the new EAG 

Good news, better late than never. 

Let's hope that when the EAG does make recommendations the IOMG will actually accept them and not shred them.

• Like 1