Spat between Chief Minister and Dr Glover

Manx Bean

1 hour ago, jaymann said:

Ultimately he holds the political power.

But that responsibility ultimately sits with Magson- that part time UK based DHSC CEO - who reports and delivers information to the political member (Ashford).

Don't bet the house on that. This is not a single person issue. There are others.....

• Sad 1

Every health care professional needs to have the space. time and knowledge to perform their role to the best of their ability.

In a crisis such as staff shortages or handover problems then resources need to be found and provided.

Clinical staff can be, and are on occasions, scapegoated when the administration / management falls short of what may be required. Proving that can be a costly business. For example:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-sh/the_struck_off_doctor

This is by no means an isolated case.

31 minutes ago, Apple said:

Every health care professional needs to have the space. time and knowledge to perform their role to the best of their ability.

In a crisis such as staff shortages or handover problems then resources need to be found and provided.

Clinical staff can be, and are on occasions, scapegoated when the administration / management falls short of what may be required. Proving that can be a costly business. For example:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-sh/the_struck_off_doctor

This is by no means an isolated case.

But It won't do her any good because no one will employ her

4 hours ago, alpha-acid said:

But It won't do her any good because no one will employ her

Erm, what's the criteria for not wanting to employ someone? I know a few answers to that question, experienced them first hand too.

Middle of a shitstorm pandemic where people's actual lives and the economy of the Island are at huge risk is an exception. Isn't it?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Erm, what's the criteria for not wanting to employ someone? I know a few answers to that question, experienced them first hand too.

Middle of a shitstorm pandemic where people's actual lives and the economy of the Island are at huge risk is an exception. Isn't it?

Think he's referring to the black lady?

I have posted this a number of times from months ago, so not a man in the pub story. This was told to me by someone who would know, and I quote " The DHSC has a number of very vindictive and arrogant people towards the top of the organisation a cabal of nastiness "

He would have known the problems trust me .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, asitis said:

I have posted this a number of times from months ago, so not a man in the pub story. This was told to me by someone who would know, and I quote " The DHSC has a number of very vindictive and arrogant people towards the top of the organisation a cabal of nastiness "

He would have known the problems trust me .

As the senior figures in DHSC seem to have changed every couple of months for at least the past 5 years it’s difficult to identify the composition of this cabal.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Uhtred said:

As the senior figures in DHSC seem to have changed every couple of months for at least the past 5 years it’s difficult to identify the composition of this cabal.

At the very top it's true, but the fact that there has been an almost continuous power vacuum at the top on DHSC (culminating in a CEO who hasn't even been in the place for a year) has just let the layers of management below that do whatever they want. 

Meanwhile the politicians backed endless reorganisations and expensive plans and seem to think the cure for an organisation out of control is to renounce all control over it.  And then hope the electorate won't blame you for all the disasters if you tell them "Nuffink to do wiv us, Guv".

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Uhtred said:

As the senior figures in DHSC seem to have changed every couple of months for at least the past 5 years it’s difficult to identify the composition of this cabal

Some have left, some have been on the merry go round through different parts. 

21 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Meanwhile the politicians backed endless reorganisations and expensive plans and seem to think the cure for an organisation out of control is to renounce all control over it. 

Well said.

DA has said many times that the DHSC will set the Strategy and Manx Care will deliver it. It seems from emails this week from Tess Cope that this is already now in place and she is determining the operational agenda in Nobles.

33 minutes ago, Apple said:

Some have left, some have been on the merry go round through different parts. 

Well said.

DA has said many times that the DHSC will set the Strategy and Manx Care will deliver it. It seems from emails this week from Tess Cope that this is already now in place and she is determining the operational agenda in Nobles.

Has DHSC appointed a permanent CEO to replace Magson?

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

At the very top it's true, but the fact that there has been an almost continuous power vacuum at the top on DHSC (culminating in a CEO who hasn't even been in the place for a year) has just let the layers of management below that do whatever they want. 

Meanwhile the politicians backed endless reorganisations and expensive plans and seem to think the cure for an organisation out of control is to renounce all control over it.  And then hope the electorate won't blame you for all the disasters if you tell them "Nuffink to do wiv us, Guv".

Sounds like a similar model used by DfE with the creation of their ‘executive agencies’. 

More information here suggest the 'bulletins' on the right of the page.

https://www.gov.im/about-the-government/departments/cabinet-office/health-and-care-transformation/

Gives all the information on progress of transformation and the 'shadowing' since January 4th.

Edited by Apple
typo

10 minutes ago, Apple said:

The plan appears to be to have two chief executives - one for the DHSC and another for the 'arm's length' provider organisation that is Manx Care.

Wasteful, inefficient, daft, won't turn out well etc.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4