Spat between Chief Minister and Dr Glover

Manx Bean

33 minutes ago, Boo Gay'n said:

The plan appears to be to have two chief executives - one for the DHSC and another for the 'arm's length' provider organisation that is Manx Care.

Wasteful, inefficient, daft, won't turn out well etc.

Yes Ashie already stated in Tynwald that extra salary costs for twin management ie 3 ceos etc is £3.6m pa + pensions etc.

20 hours ago, Out of the blue said:

Whilst accepting that there are always two sides to any story, however, assuming that what you wrote is factual (no reason to doubt otherwise), it is unacceptable that politicians and civil servants should choose to play politics at this time. It smacks of leaders and management with low self esteem and moral courage. They need to take a really good look at themselves... 

Yes, and we need to take a really good look at them all come election time.  #Votethemout. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Apple said:

That’s Ms. Cope - the first ever CEO of Manx Care. My question related not to Manx Care but to DHSC; Magson was appointed as CEO until 31 March this year. Has a substantive appointment been made to replace Magson at DHSC from April?

57 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

That’s Ms. Cope - the first ever CEO of Manx Care. My question related not to Manx Care but to DHSC; Magson was appointed as CEO until 31 March this year. Has a substantive appointment been made to replace Magson at DHSC from April?

Far too many pencil necks and far too few at the sharp end !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Uhtred said:

I don’t think that’s right. Mrs Magson was appointed as interim CEO for 2 years, and started December 2019 I think. 2020 seemed like a long year. 

1 hour ago, Uhtred said:

Tess Cope describes herself as Chief Executive Designate (what ever that means) but my understanding is that eventually one will replace the other.

33 minutes ago, wrighty said:

I don’t think that’s right. Mrs Magson was appointed as interim CEO for 2 years, and started December 2019 I think. 2020 seemed like a long year. 

Thanks for that clarification - I mistakenly believed that the end of Mrs Magson’s appointment coincided with the creation of a Manx Care.

29 minutes ago, Apple said:

Tess Cope describes herself as Chief Executive Designate (what ever that means) but my understanding is that eventually one will replace the other.

Yes - Ms. Cope is indeed Chief Executive designate...of Manx Care. Someone, currently it’s Mrs. Magson, will also head up DHSC. Whether that person is termed CEO or not (and Mrs. Magson is) they are the head honcho of the DHSC...an entirely separate entity to Manx Care. Further, as Ms. Cope is CEO of an organisation responsible for the delivery of all health and social care, not simply acute care in a hospital setting, there will presumably be a CEO (or ‘Manager’ if you prefer) specifically of Noble’s hospital. 

18 minutes ago, asitis said:

Just pathetic isn't it !!

It wasn’t really the time or place to comment though was it? If Paul had asked Mr Ashford that would be a different story but he completely and utterly wasted his opportunity to ask that question and once again made himself look like a prick.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Annoymouse said:

It wasn’t really the time or place to comment though was it? If Paul had asked Mr Ashford that would be a different story but he completely and utterly wasted his opportunity to ask that question and once again made himself look like a prick.

A shame really. Howard just put it back onto the civil servants. The 'shit sandwich' was easily and swiftly passed.

Don't give up Paul. 'They' maybe messing with your head by controlling your mute button etc but don't give up.

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Annoymouse said:

I meant the whole situation, here we are in the midst of a pandemic and people are playing at ego massage and politics ! The time for this shit is after the problem is under control, it illustrates perfectly the problems with our leadership structures.

• Thanks 1