Spat between Chief Minister and Dr Glover

Manx Bean

2 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

Has any of them mentioned rachel by name at one of these briefings questions yet? I didnt listen long enough for today's but it seemed at the last one they weren't allowed to.

No ! Howie through a bit of a tantrum again at the mere mention of using an on island private lab!!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

I have a theory they arent allowed to mention her by name. 

They would never discuss an individuals circumstances at a public press briefing and why would anyone expect them to? If Paul or anyone else feels Dr Glover or her company have been mistreated or that there has been some sort of injustice then go through the correct channels.

• Thanks 1

Forgetting any injustices for now, why can't someone ask have we approached dr glover to carry out genome testing on our behalf, considering she has already basically offered? It's utterly weak leadership and should be called out as such. But nobody does, a couple have nearly asked but carefully avoided her name. It seems bizarre behaviour to me, i can't understand it.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, the stinking enigma said:

Forgetting any injustices for now, why can't someone ask have we approached dr glover to carry out genome testing on our behalf, considering she has already basically offered? It's utterly weak leadership and should be called out as such. But nobody does, a couple have nearly asked but carefully avoided her name. It seems bizarre behaviour to me, i can't understand it.

Because they'd never work again if they did! Coz IOM.

11 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

They would never discuss an individuals circumstances at a public press briefing and why would anyone expect them to? If Paul or anyone else feels Dr Glover or her company have been mistreated or that there has been some sort of injustice then go through the correct channels.

They discussed the personal opinion of an unnamed DHSC staff member who wrote a letter.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, jaymann said:

They discussed the personal opinion of an unnamed DHSC staff member who wrote a letter.

Which was nothing more than a poor excuse and I didn’t agree with the way that was handled either. 
If it’s a matter of public interest it needs to be raised through the correct channels, we might live in a democracy but it’s not a free for all. I

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Annoymouse said:

Which was nothing more than a poor excuse and I didn’t agree with the way that was handled either. 
If it’s a matter of public interest it needs to be raised through the correct channels, we might live in a democracy but it’s not a free for all. I

We live in a democracy?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

34 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

Where’s Paul Moulton when you need him...

14 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

I would think there is a reasonable chance of the south african strain appearing here. 

Already in Irish Republic now, according to news reports this evening.

1 hour ago, the stinking enigma said:

I have a theory they arent allowed to mention her by name. 

Howie has a big issue with women. Clever women must scare him shitless.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I’ll be very surprised if HQ hadn’t already been briefed on what to say if that question was ever asked, Paul wanted to see HQ squirm and was left completely disappointed, I’m not sure what he or anyone else expected to be honest.

If anyone wants a full explanation or feels someone should be held accountable then write a letter to your MHK, write a letter to the department responsible, start a petition, there are many ways to make your voice heard, but doing it at a live press conference and trying to put someone on the spot is probably one of the worst.

• Thanks 1