Spat between Chief Minister and Dr Glover

Manx Bean

20 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

I’ll be very surprised if HQ hadn’t already been briefed on what to say if that question was ever asked, Paul wanted to see HQ squirm and was left completely disappointed, I’m not sure what he or anyone else expected to be honest.

If anyone wants a full explanation or feels someone should be held accountable then write a letter to your MHK, write a letter to the department responsible, start a petition, there are many ways to make your voice heard, but doing it at a live press conference and trying to put someone on the spot is probably one of the worst.

It would only be filed in the Ashy shredder!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Nobody is indispensable. Some clever people out there, but nobody should try to hold a nation to randsome. She is good, but not unique.

I don't think Dr Glover has, at any stage, tried to "hold us to ransom". Quite the opposite, in fact.

You may disagree with her opinion, or you may disagree with how she expresses it. But don't say things that aren't really true.

Given her "spat" it's unsurprising that she's taking her chance to say she told them so. It's a shame the BBC press conference attendee isn't so robust when they get the chance to ask HQ directly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, tetchtyke said:

I don't think Dr Glover has, at any stage, tried to "hold us to ransom". Quite the opposite, in fact.

You may disagree with her opinion, or you may disagree with how she expresses it. But don't say things that aren't really true.

Given her "spat" it's unsurprising that she's taking her chance to say she told them so. It's a shame the BBC press conference attendee isn't so robust when they get the chance to ask HQ directly.

Just childish to be honest. She did explain to me in a PM and I do admire her for her qualifications, but publicly washing your laundry is not quite cricket. I have no personal issue with her as I have told her.

3 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

I think you are, by government already.

You can't defend the obvious.

How can one be bought by Government?  Your hatred of our Government is obvious and unsettling. I am not going to try to guess what went wrong , but you are not  taking it well . Are you OK ?

1 minute ago, dilligaf said:

How can one be bought by Government?  Your hatred of our Government is obvious and unsettling. I am not going to try to guess what went wrong , but you are not  taking it well . Are you OK ?

Nice try.

But you need to wake up and smell the coffee.

I suspect you'd have a completely different attitude to an avoidable lockdown if your business was forced to close or you'd just lost your job.

• Thanks 1