Spat between Chief Minister and Dr Glover

Manx Bean

1 minute ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Nice try.

But you need to wake up and smell the coffee.

I suspect you'd have a completely different attitude to an avoidable lockdown if your business was forced to close or you'd just lost your job.

Albert. I am receiving less than the required to get a handout from Gov. I am earning about £80 per week. What are you getting ?

The civil service has lost some really good people with great potential over the years.

Their only fault was standing up to ineptness, stupidity and nepotism. Once they realised they were on a hiding to nothing...they left.

Quite a few of them have done very well in the private sector since. Meanwhile, some of the dimwits they went to school with are bleeding the taxpayer and employed 3 or 4 job levels above their actual ability.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Just childish to be honest. She did explain to me in a PM and I do admire her for her qualifications, but publicly washing your laundry is not quite cricket. I have no personal issue with her as I have told her.

It's a pandemic for God's sake

We aren't simply talking about water slides 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I know we're supposed to be laying off dilli a bit, help him stay of the forum by not losing it, but man, what the fuck?

This lockdown was avoidable. Anyone daft enough to stand up against that needs to realise that..not blindly follow govt opinion.

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Just childish to be honest. She did explain to me in a PM and I do admire her for her qualifications, but publicly washing your laundry is not quite cricket. I have no personal issue with her as I have told her.

Well said, I wonder who paid towards her so called qualifications in her chosen field.  
Washing her dirty knickers in public is getting boring now.

We have avoided Covid for many months, unlikely any testing regime would prevents sparks getting out of the fireplace.   She is just advertising herself as far as I am concerned.   Never heard of her before Government gave her work and look forward to not hearing about her again.  She reminds me of Mr Jetski.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

46 minutes ago, snowman said:

It's the unwillingness to speak out in public that allows the government to get away with it so many times 

It would be fascinating to know how CoMin voted on many of these issues.

FWIW I think her pontificating on Twitter was unhelpful and caused others to double down on their position, making it even less likely they would change course. Although I can understand why she would feel frustrated, the endless joy of being an adviser is that your advice is not always heeded. And it wasn't an argument she was ever going to win, especially not doing it so publicly.

Edited by tetchtyke

5 minutes ago, tetchtyke said:

It would be fascinating to know how CoMin voted on many of these issues.

FWIW I think her pontificating on Twitter was unhelpful and caused others to double down on their position, making it even less likely they would change course. Although I can understand why she would feel frustrated, the endless joy of being an adviser is that your advice is not always heeded. And it wasn't an argument she was ever going to win, especially not doing it so publicly.

I think Rachel knows her Twitter antics haven't helped, I've noted some tweets be deleted but still contained valid or interesting points/ commentary.

I suspect irrespective, her skills should not be being ignored.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jaymann said:

I think Rachel knows her Twitter antics haven't helped, I've noted some tweets be deleted but still contained valid or interesting points/ commentary.

I suspect irrespective, her skills should not be being ignored.

I suppose the trouble with Twitter is it looks like you've gone nuclear, and nobody will back down once that happens. Very regrettable, on both sides to be fair, and we've lost important expertise as a result.

Edited by tetchtyke
  • Like 5