Spat between Chief Minister and Dr Glover

Manx Bean

52 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

In yesterdays figures it stated 114 people awaiting results. This seems a bit higher than usual to me. I dont follow them wvery day though. I thought usually its about 10 or 15.  

It hasn't been above 20 since 3 January, when it was 213, but that was after the New Year shutdown and the panic over 1886 etc.  Some of it may be timing, but the number of completed tests that day didn't drop that much.

It might just be a typo for 14, though a lot of the figures for awaiting results and tests look rather dodgy to me.  The whole thing is a bit sloppier and less consistent than it really ought to be.

• Like 9

Seemed a bit odd to me. I realise it's important to have the big zero figure the day before measures were relaxed, then coupled with the lack of a press conference today, i'm perhaps being overly suspicious but the way the new years eve thing was played out, it will always lead to a bit of suspicion when they go quiet.

Edited by the stinking enigma

30 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

It hasn't been above 20 since 3 January, when it was 213, but that was after the New Year shutdown and the panic over 1886 etc.  Some of it may be timing, but the number of completed tests that day didn't drop that much.

It might just be a typo for 14, though a lot of the figures for awaiting results and tests look rather dodgy to me.  The whole thing is a bit sloppier and less consistent than it really ought to be.

The way they present waiting for tests is suspect as well. It has changed. Ashie has said 200 a week coming in at present. So ( assuming they all go for tests and don’t opt for 21 day isolation ) that’s 600 tests or 200 people. Double that as tests are spread over 2 weeks. Assuming they enter evenly spread over the week it’s 30 a day week 1, then double that for week 2. So there should never be less than 60 waiting for a test the next day.

The figures don’t tie in. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, the stinking enigma said:

Seemed a bit odd to me. I realise it's important to have the big zero figure the day before measures were relaxed, then coupled with the lack of a press conference today, i'm perhaps being overly suspicious but the way the new years eve thing was played out, it will always lead to a bit of suspicion when they go quiet.

Or maybe one tomorrow and one after CoMin on Thursday to confirm lifting.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jaymann said:

I suspect an increasing number of Day 7 / 13 tests due?

It seems unlikely if numbers travelling are so low and the previous Sunday was only 3.  It may that there was a full batch the processing hadn't been finished on, which would give completed tests for the day of 288.  Last Sunday was 300 but it's been falling all week, presumably as contact tracing was coming to an end for the previous cases and no more were found.

On 1/12/2021 at 10:11 PM, tetchtyke said:

I suppose the trouble with Twitter is it looks like you've gone nuclear, and nobody will back down once that happens. Very regrettable, on both sides to be fair, and we've lost important expertise as a result.

This is the exact issue. She is a big fish in a small pond. And a shame because I think she lost some respect for her twittering at the beginning despite the fact she’s a very smart woman. 

4 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

I find myself nodding when reading this.

Like I said. Even the spelling has gone downhill. “Narate” for gods sake!

Calling people (Chief Minister or not) “fat” does not nothing to raise the level of debate.

WTF might find that Facebook is his/ her natural home

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Like I said. Even the spelling has gone downhill. “Narate” for gods sake!

Calling people (Chief Minister or not) “fat” does not nothing to raise the level of debate.

WTF might find that Facebook is his/ her natural home

I grant you that describing Quayle as ‘fat’ does not advance this debate. It does however benefit from antiseptic accuracy. As does ‘egotistical twat’.

• Haha 5