Spat between Chief Minister and Dr Glover

Manx Bean

3 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

I grant you that describing Quayle as ‘fat’ does not advance this debate. It does however benefit from antiseptic accuracy. As does ‘egotistical twat’.

Sorry. Am I being asked to believe that describing the Chief Minister ( or indeed anyone) as an “egotistical twat”  advances this debate more than calling them fat?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Sorry. Am I being asked to believe that describing the Chief Minister ( or indeed anyone) as an “egotistical twat”  advances this debate more than calling them fat?

Not in the least. Neither observation advances the debate one iota. Both are supremely accurate.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Lot of English on here VoR, they're an awful shower and would do well to learn some manners, or even better, go home.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Like I said. Even the spelling has gone downhill. “Narate” for gods sake!

Calling people (Chief Minister or not) “fat” does not nothing to raise the level of debate.

WTF might find that Facebook is his/ her natural home

facebook is boring compared to here. 

10 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

you appear to be working on the premise that the debate can actually be advanced,  it cannot.

11 hours ago, Manxtoffee said:

This is the exact issue. She is a big fish in a small pond. And a shame because I think she lost some respect for her twittering at the beginning despite the fact she’s a very smart woman. 

At the beginning? So in 2009 when I first started Tweeting?

I had a Twitter account throughout my time as a UK Government scientist before I moved back to the IoM, they had no problem with it. It just seems to me that no-one is allowed to criticise any IoM Government actions and IoM Government are absolutely livid that they don't have any control over me.

Edited by rachomics
typo
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 2