Spat between Chief Minister and Dr Glover

Manx Bean

21 minutes ago, rachomics said:

thus they are claiming that I deliberately deleted "their" code to stop on-Island testing, which is an appalling claim to make and I hope they provide their evidence rather quickly.

Wow. This says all we need to know I think. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, rachomics said:

They say it took 3 weeks for them to re-write their own code and that ultimately they also had to ask the robot manufacturer to write it for them. None of that suggests that they had written the code themselves in the first place.

Indeed. It all sounds like the level of deception you'd expect from an average five year old. Also, if there weren't off-site backups, whoever was responsible for business continuity really ought to be looking for a new job by now.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, rachomics said:

Ouch, this thread is back. Not unexpected I suppose. 

To clarify the issues that I discussed at PAC on Thursday here's the overview seeing as this is now all public because of the PAC recording. Obviously theres significantly more detail around this but here's the potted overview as I said to PAC:

1. I provided Bob (our robot) on loan last April and told the hospital to order one asap. They ordered end of June and Bob's replacement Rona arrived late August. 

2. "The Software" as it's known in all the legal letters comprises two things. Firstly a set of protocol files which ran the specific RNA isolation procedure from swabs. I wrote a different one to start with last April (we initially used a different method) but then loaned our Canine swab protocol software (written pre-COVID) a few weeks later once the method switched to something called magbeads. The second part of "The Software" was something called plasticware/labware definitions. These are specific files which have precise and validated measurements for disposable plasticware used in the protocols.Which labware definitions are needed are specified in the protocol code. We spent a lot of time getting those measurements right when we first got the robot in Jan 2020 so they formed part of the intellectual property.

3. We sent a letter to the path lab after I resigned saying that Bob really needed to be returned by the 30th Nov and we'd be charging a daily rental rate until his return as an incentive for them to not dilly dally (we've never invoiced them for this). The letter also said that if they wanted to use "The Software" they'd have to license it going forward.

4. They ignored the letter, we gave them extra time and ultimately we had to send them an action notice that we were coming to remove the robot and the intellectual property (protocol and labware files). 

5. I can't go into the details of who did what on the removal day otherwise I'll get a nasty letter from the DHSC. However, I deleted all copies of "The Software". I found it on the laptop I expected it to be on but I also found the labware definitions had been copied to the replacement robot (Rona) in addition to multiple copies being made of the back-ups while I was in the lab that afternoon. The copyright issue arises because copies of the Taxa protocol scripts had been changed to show different authorship, even though the code remained unchanged, and they tried to hide the amended files from me while I was in the lab. I deleted the amended Taxa code, the labware definitions and the original Taxa code as none of it had been licensed. We were there to execute a notice to remove Taxa property: the robot and the intellectual property they had failed to license. 

6. The DHSC have claimed a lot since then as I stated to PAC. They've changed their story multiple times in the legal correspondence and they're now trying to say that the amended Taxa code I deleted (which was identifiably our code) was not our code at all but completely unique and distinct code written by another DHSC employee. However, while they have stated that they were able to reinstate back-ups of the Taxa code they appear to have not taken any back-ups of their own DHSC code and thus they are claiming that I deliberately deleted "their" code to stop on-Island testing, which is an appalling claim to make and I hope they provide their evidence rather quickly. They say it took 3 weeks for them to re-write their own code and that ultimately they also had to ask the robot manufacturer to write it for them. None of that suggests that they had written the code themselves in the first place. Needless to say our lawyers are in posession of the proof of our claims and we've invited the DHSC to send an appropriately qualified individual to inspect it and to provide us with the same ability to inspect their proof. 

I hope that clears it up a little. It's a rather complex issue (at least to me). 

Loving the fact that the Robot is called “Rona”

38 minutes ago, Pipsqueak said:

RG may be on the receiving end of a gag order soon.

My thoughts also . I dont know RG but I like her lots for having the bottle to stand up to establishment . And to put everything out in the public domain is massively brave but also heartning . Its like throwing down the gaunlet . Get out of this if you can ! 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, forestboy said:

Hmm 🤔   They’ll shoot themselves in the foot if they do. 

Even if they do, they won't care, they're not paying for it and nobody will be accountable for it, at least certainly not outside the elected.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Non-Believer said:

Even if they do, they won't care, they're not paying for it and nobody will be accountable for it, at least certainly not outside the elected.

Well, it will demonstrate the independence of the judiciary. 

• Like 1

IOMG - how can they look themselves in the mirror, behaving like this/that?

Its disgusting.

I'd like to see a gofundme or similar set up to help with Dr Glovers legal costs. Not so much being about the money. But a way for the Great Manx Public to publicly support her.

• Like 7