Spat between Chief Minister and Dr Glover

Manx Bean

1 minute ago, Seven_up said:

I'd like to see a gofundme or similar set up to help with Dr Glovers legal costs. Not so much being about the money. But a way for the Great Manx Public to publicly support her.

I'd do that, I really would and I could see that taking off. But when you think about it, you'd be putting up money to contest your (and other taxpayer's money). Only one set of winners there, the lawyers.

I predict an undisclosed financial settlement with non-disclosure agreement as the only practical settlement.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

I'd do that, I really would and I could see that taking off. But when you think about it, you'd be putting up money to contest your (and other taxpayer's money). Only one set of winners there, the lawyers.

I predict an undisclosed financial settlement with non-disclosure agreement as the only practical settlement.

+1  to everything mentioned 

only problem would be taxpayers would again lose out financially because of incompetent  CS and ministers and again lose out without RG's input when it would seem we needed it . Whole scenario stinks tbh . 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Yes financially it sucks. 

Its a very public way to say NO to the Govt buggers

9 minutes ago, Seven_up said:

IOMG - how can they look themselves in the mirror, behaving like this/that?

Its disgusting.

I'd like to see a gofundme or similar set up to help with Dr Glovers legal costs. Not so much being about the money. But a way for the Great Manx Public to publicly support her.

I think if you ask the Great Manx Public they are more concerned with returning to normality than this “spat”

I think you’ll find the majority of the public , if indeed they know about this spat, will regard it as an unwelcome distraction taking up time and resources which would be better spent in trying to put an end to this pandemic.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Seven_up said:

IOMG - how can they look themselves in the mirror, behaving like this/that?

Its disgusting.

Please don't, in the nicest possible way. If you did, I'd only fund the educations of future Manx scientists with it rather than use it on the legal fees. I can afford the legal fees. I've already decided that if, at any point in the future, the DHSC decide that they want to offer cash for silence, that money will be put into a scholarship fund for Manx students wanting to do science PhDs.

14 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Don’t be so dramatic.

With regards to a gagging order I think I may have found a point of agreement with @The Voice of Reason. What I said on the forum earlier is what was told to PAC (either verbally or in documentation) so any "gagging order" would be an interesting case. They'd have to gag the Health Minister before me, I suspect. 

Edited by rachomics
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I think if you ask the Great Manx Public they are more concerned with returning to normality than this “spat”

I think you’ll find the majority of the public , if indeed they know about this spat, will regard it as an unwelcome distraction taking up time and resources which would be better spent in trying to put an end to this pandemic.

Again I think your wrong . People I know have talked about it but its like , here we go again , as most have long given up with trying to make there feelings known.  Sorry but our government is very good at listening , taking no notice , or ignoring consultations that they have instigated and just doing what they want with no rhyme or reason usually. Followed months later by the usual cock ups , the told you so from public and knowing it wont change . I will be very surprised if voting numbers this next election are not the lowest % ever .  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Again I think your wrong . People I know have talked about it but its like , here we go again , as most have long given up with trying to make there feelings known.  Sorry but our government is very good at listening , taking no notice , or ignoring consultations that they have instigated and just doing what they want with no rhyme or reason usually. Followed months later by the usual cock ups , the told you so from public and knowing it wont change . I will be very surprised if voting numbers this next election are not the lowest % ever .  

And of those people I talk to a minority know there is some sort of issue between what they see as a laboratory and the Government but they haven’t got a clue what it is about, nor do they care.

Thats the truth of it.

4 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

And of those people I talk to a minority know there is some sort of issue between what they see as a laboratory and the Government but they haven’t got a clue what it is about, nor do they care.

Thats the truth of it.

Oh well, best we shut up then. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

my gag order comment was a bit tongue in cheek, but i  bet they wish RG would stay quiet , good on her for not doing so and telling her side very well,  i hadn't picked up on , until RG posted earlier, that if they had done their own code as they claimed why did they not have a back up and why could they just not write it again without having to run off to the robot manufacturer for help, tells me all i need to know about where the code didn't come  from.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rachomics said:

Please don't, in the nicest possible way. If you did, I'd only fund the educations of future Manx scientists with it rather than use it on the legal fees. I can afford the legal fees. I've already decided that if, at any point in the future, the DHSC decide that they want to offer cash for silence, that money will be put into a scholarship fund for Manx students wanting to do science PhDs.

Gotcha.

So public donations (in such case as suggested above and with no guarantee given by you) if you had a positive financial outcome would not benefit Taxa but would go to fund educational purposes.

Even more reason, to do it.

You are very very credible and I believe you only have the IOM in mind.  The Great Manx Public need a chance to join in if they choose to do so.

I think you are a beautiful human, but this really is a no brainer. The voice of reason, if you will

• Like 6