Spat between Chief Minister and Dr Glover

Manx Bean

22 minutes ago, Manx17 said:

What does RG want ? 
she is a business woman , what contract did she sign before helping to setup a testing centre ? Did she not get paid for the work she did ? She seems so angry . 

She sounds like she wants fairness and justice and also clear boundaries about what she has created and what others my use with her permission. That's all.

Never once have I heard her sound angry. Resilient and determined to protect her homeland from buffoons who are out of their depth I grant you but I can live with that.

Not that I have a view either way of course.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

The obvious thing to do is to listen to her own testimony to the Public Accounts Committee.  It's quite long (about 3 hours) but you'll  learn a lot.

I don't think they want to learn, they're probably part of The Sisterhood.

2 minutes ago, quilp said:

Sadly, very few will've listened intently to that PAC meeting in its entirety. 

It's too long. This is why the hansard, when (if?) it is eventually published, is important. Three hours talking is about 20 minutes reading.

29 minutes ago, quilp said:

I think you think he meant it like you think but I think you're wrong...

I don't know what you think I think he meant.

But I've always read it as false or pretend patriotism that a scoundrel turns to when all other schemes have failed. This is of course backed up by Boswell's description of the occasion Johnson used it and fits the context I used it in this thread.

Just now, KERED said:

This is pathetic, Glad. He said he had met her once at some award ceremony, and then he said that he had never met her!

It's irrelevant whether he has met her, what is relevant is the evidence given of funny goings on in his government. 

• Like 12

Mouton's first question was ok, and I was pleased that he pressured Howie to provide a suitable answer.

However - his second question. . . "can you believe that it is 12 months since you, personally, contracted long Covid?" was pathetic!

What sort of question is that?

Just now, KERED said:

Mouton's first question was ok, and I was pleased that he pressured Howie to provide a suitable answer.

However - his second question. . . "can you believe that it is 12 months since you, personally, contracted long Covid?" was pathetic!

What sort of question is that?

Who's paying his wages these days?

• Like 1