Spat between Chief Minister and Dr Glover

Manx Bean

7 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Me also. Problem is it will be resurrected in another form,  for example when the rebuttals are made.

They won’t pass without comment on these forums.

Well obviously, but I can empathise with Dr.G regarding having her name in the title. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, rachomics said:

Personally, I would be happy to see this thread deleted completely. No-one likes to see a thread with their (real) name as the title and which contains personal opinions of testimony that put words in my mouth (both positively and negatively). 

Is it possible to vote on having this thread deleted? It seems a bit daft to wait for instruction from either Rachomics or her legal team first. I’m happy for all my posts in this thread to be deleted anyway and as much as I can do that I can’t remove the posts that people have quoted.

1 hour ago, Pipsqueak said:

in my opinion, not that i consider it a fact, or that facts ever appear on these forums, this thread will be locked in a very short space of time, the rebuttal ( factual or just opinion  ) may be ( not a fact ) installing  defenses  in anticipation to quell the voice of public scrutiny.  just my opinion of course, not a fact , but opinions may vary.  😉   

1 hour ago, rachomics said:

Personally, I would be happy to see this thread deleted completely. No-one likes to see a thread with their (real) name as the title and which contains personal opinions of testimony that put words in my mouth (both positively and negatively). 

1 hour ago, quilp said:

Well said Rachel, I'd agree with that wholeheartedly. 

1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Me also. Problem is it will be resurrected in another form,  for example when the rebuttals are made.

They won’t pass without comment on these forums.

57 minutes ago, Pipsqueak said:

there's nothing worse than a forum being used as a forum.  

53 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Apart from a forum  being used as a platform for dissemination of false information, insults, and personal attacks etc

51 minutes ago, quilp said:

Well obviously, but I can empathise with Dr.G regarding having her name in the title. 

4 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Is it possible to vote on having this thread deleted? It seems a bit daft to wait for instruction from either Rachomics or her legal team first. I’m happy for all my posts in this thread to be deleted anyway and as much as I can do that I can’t remove the posts that people have quoted.

2 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

Fine by me to delete any post i have ever made, except for the mallets mallet ones.

There won’t be a vote. We don’t allow revisionism by deletion to change history. If a formal complaint is made that legally justifies any editing we will of course comply.

This was just a request to the parties not to go setting out their cases here if the matter is to go to litigation or criminal proceedings, and to the rest of us to be careful what you post.

• Like 8

9 hours ago, wrighty said:

People get very confused about who is who, especially with all these sequential accounts, and accusations of sock-puppetry (what ever happened to that rule?).  Someone confused me and you yesterday, despite the fact that we've had the same login names for many years, and post under our real names (or almost, in my case).

For the avoidance of doubt, if there is any out there:

The poster 'Wrighty' is Ian Wright, an orthopaedic surgeon based at Noble's.

The poster and moderator 'John Wright' is John Wright, an island based advocate.

As far as I'm aware, the ex-footballer and pundit 'Ian Wright-Right-Right' doesn't contribute to these boards, but no doubt if he did John and I would be confused with him too.

This is not my opinion, its a fact,  

Kristin Shepard, shot JR Ewing, so is in the running for this too, whatever this is.........

• Haha 1

Ok John, so say I found my real name posted here and I objected to that, what could I realistically do about it?

Equally say I wanted all my past posts deleted, is there nothing to cover that? When you delete a Facebook account for example all the posts get deleted with it.

Edited by Annoymouse

18 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Ok John, so say I found my real name posted here and I objected to that, what could I realistically do about it?

Equally say I wanted all my past posts deleted, is there nothing to cover that? When you delete a Facebook account for example all the posts get deleted with it.

That depends. If someone outed you by identifying you we’d delete the references and ban the poster who did it. That’s a breach of the T&C.

If you’re just named because of something you’ve achieved, said, or done in the public eye or sphere, then we wouldn’t be doing anything.

But if someone identified Amadeus or wrighty it wouldn’t be the same. They use those names to post, but we all know, because they’ve self disclosed, who they are.

Just because Dr Glover is named doesn’t raise a T&C issue. She’s a public figure who has chosen to post openly here, and elsewhere with her frank and forthright views about certain things. She’s made no secret as rachomics that she is Dr Glover.

No, we don’t delete all a single posters posts on request. Ever. That’s a TJ request.

Thems the rules. Non negotiable. You signed up for them. And in relation to this matter they aren’t up for discussion. That would be challenging a moderating decision. Someone has to make them. If you don’t like them then please feel free to express your freedom of speech elsewhere.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, John Wright said:

That depends. If someone outed you by identifying you we’d delete the references and ban the poster who did it. That’s a breach of the T&C.

If you’re just named because of something you’ve achieved, said, or done in the public eye or sphere, then we wouldn’t be doing anything.

Thanks John, It’s not the answer I wanted but I’m glad its clarified things none the less. I only really post here as I don’t agree with the way Facebook uses people’s data.

16 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

Its here forever, like most  of the internet, think before you post before you drink 😄

Forums and their members seem to be a dying breed anyway, I’ll be amazed if this forum still exists in say 10 years time. It would only take one big legal case to wipe it off the internet and it’s certainly had a few close shaves in the past, perhaps without John Wright’s input it might not even exist now?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, John Wright said:

But if someone links that to your user name on here...that's still a T&C breach yes?

To use as an example say this current D.B.C employment tribunal case, the worker was found in favour yet has been publicly named as its a court document, as a result if you search his name on Google you’ll see numerous news articles and discussions including on here, it does seem unfair to me to have your name publicly spread like that, If that was someone significantly younger I wonder if it would have any impact on their future / their career? I mean for the sake of 5k I’d rather keep my name out of the public domain, which seems counter productive, it’s a shame we don’t have a right to privacy.